Date: 23-04-24  Time: 10:59 am

Author Topic: Viva moto Bradford  (Read 3116 times)

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Viva moto Bradford
« on: 07 November 2013, 11:48:20 pm »
Has anyone had dealings with the above? They have a grey thou for sale that looks good, price / mileage/ etc but all the reports I've seen on the net from people seem to suggest they're not very good to deal with. I know I should just keep looking as I'm in no hurry but I keep coming back to it.
Any comments or experiences appreciated.
Cheers
Andy

NotAnotherHill

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Honda Fireblade 900 RRV 1998
    • View Profile
Re: Viva moto Bradford
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2013, 06:45:36 am »
My dad bought his CBF1000 from them in feb last year. Got a good deal. Had no problems. They didn't offer a very good trade in price so he sold his bike privately and bought the bike cash. They turn over bikes quickly because they buy from all over the UK cheaply. they can sell them relatively cheaply. I don't know what their after sales service is like if you had an issue.

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2013, 07:52:50 am »
Thanks for that. I'm not planning on a trade in just a cash sale I guess if I treat it like a private sale and assume no after sales service and maybe a hpi check just in case it got any history. I'm sure this must have been asked before but humour me, apart from the obvious;
Bodywork condition
Tyres
Chain and sprockets
Test ride
What other things should I look out for? Apart from maybe a tell tale bit of grease on the ex up cover screws is there any easy checks to conform all is well?
Cheers
Andy

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2013, 08:01:58 am »
perhaps put a photo up here and the price and the forum could be the jury !

[size=78%]
fzs06
fzs06
[/size]
:)

Looks good , and an 2006 ,if this is the one , it looks a good deal
« Last Edit: 08 November 2013, 08:06:45 am by slimwilly »
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2013, 08:20:17 am »
Yes that's the one I'm looking at, it's about 70miles from where I live so not too far if I'm buying but too far to just pop round for a look. On the net it looks ok to me but others with more knowledge may say otherwise.
Cheers
Andy

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2013, 08:28:27 am »
I've noticed that the bolts (where crash bobbins would fix)are black on one side silver on the other or do they have caps on them as standard and two have come off? Levers bar ends and casings show no signs of it been dropped it's just if the bolts / frame has been painted then why:-\ paranoia setting in perhaps.
Andy

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2013, 08:53:26 pm »
I bought my gen 1 1000 from them 5 years ago, got a decent trade in on my ZRX1100. No problems at all with bike since then.
But I do know they have close links with Webuyanybike people, they have an outlet on the same trading estate.
I was round there about two years back with a mate looking around for another bike and there were 5 bike dealers just on that small trading estate!

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2013, 08:54:53 pm »
Cheers

ferritt

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 November 2013, 06:38:55 pm »
They are just around the corner from me, and they are we buy any bike.com. They buy them cheap and sell them cheap, all the old stuff goes to poland in a container. Not sure what the after sales would be like but i wouldn't expect too much from them to be honest, if the bike came from someone who cared from it then you should be ok, close inspection reccommended

Andy FZS

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 November 2013, 07:46:17 pm »
I might try and talk the wife in to letting me have a look at it next weekend. On their site it says all major credit cards accepted so I wonder if I paid on my visa would that give me any added benefits if it all went tits up so to speak. I guess if the bike looks ok they have all the docs and the price is right then I guess it's like any private sale, you pays your money and takes your chances.
Andy