Date: 02-06-24  Time: 08:00 am

Author Topic: K TECH shock - SHOCK !  (Read 23048 times)

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
Re: K TECH shock - SHOCK !
« Reply #75 on: 15 May 2012, 08:42:29 am »
my point stock shock is pants
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

FZ_Rich

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 15 May 2012, 04:44:00 pm »
Oh well....took it in today.  Maybe when it goes again, which it will one day, I'll try the R6 Mod.  As for spring stiffness it is set on hardest pre load when two up and seems fine to me but I'm no [insert name of preferred racer here] you see....more like [insert name of archetypalslow rider here]  :)
Life is like a bunch of chocolates - you never know what yer gonna get. . . unless you read the card

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16 May 2012, 06:30:50 am »
Rich
If you have taken yer shock to KT, they should fit a weight matched spring. The stock one is woefully understrength.Ok for 10 stone racing snakes, less good for some double that size ! ...slothful boas more like... ;) 

mcyoungy

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 16 May 2012, 12:55:28 pm »
Rich
If you have taken yer shock to KT, they should fit a weight matched spring. The stock one is woefully understrength.Ok for 10 stone racing snakes, less good for some double that size ! ...slothful boas more like... ;)

I doubt they'll do that for the hundred quid quoted earlier - the spring alone is that sort of money.

pitternator

• "I'll be back"
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 17 May 2012, 07:41:16 am »
KTech charge around £90 labour for the shock service, the spring is about another £80. Plus vat. On the plus side, you do know the spring is right for yer weight.

I had my OE shock serviced and resprung in 2008 , then bought the full monty shock upgrade in 2009 ( I bought a second cheap shock off ebay as a donor). The full monty is better , but I was pleased with the upgrade of the OE shock, and still have it as a spare.