Date: 23-05-24  Time: 12:11 pm

Author Topic: FZ1 coolant type  (Read 1778 times)

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
FZ1 coolant type
« on: 29 November 2015, 04:55:46 pm »
evening Foccers,

Need some advice on coolant... I am changing the hoses for some nicey red silicon ones.. All 12...

What coolant would you guys suggest? Seems to be a lot of options out there...

Advice is much appreciated!!

Charlie
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Rob R

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2009 FZ1
    • View Profile
Re: FZ1 coolant type
« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2015, 09:23:57 pm »
Did mine 2 weeks ago. I used Comma Xstream concentrate and a big bottle of battery top up water. The most difficult bit was removing the expansion tank and cleaning it out.
Remember to refill slowly with the bike on its side stand- does away with the need to burp it!

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 November 2015, 07:23:03 am »
Did mine 2 weeks ago. I used Comma Xstream concentrate and a big bottle of battery top up water. The most difficult bit was removing the expansion tank and cleaning it out.
Remember to refill slowly with the bike on its side stand- does away with the need to burp it!

Cheers Rob... Muchly appreciated!!  :lol
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

pilninggas

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 November 2015, 04:48:37 pm »
The last time I did it I just used pink (safe for ally) eurocarparts stuff. Something like £7/gallon ready to use.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2015, 05:04:04 pm »
I've replaced my hoses with the Samco silicone ones and I used Evans Waterless Coolant.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 December 2015, 09:41:09 pm »
Has anyone used engine ice?? Seems to be popular in the states... In summer as soon as I get into traffic the temp goes up quickly.. Trying to find a remedy to lower running temperature in the summer  :rolleyes

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2015, 09:49:03 pm »
Has anyone used engine ice?? Seems to be popular in the states... In summer as soon as I get into traffic the temp goes up quickly.. Trying to find a remedy to lower running temperature in the summer  :rolleyes

I seem to remember that it was suggested a bit ago on here that one way to help reduce the temp was to lower the coolant to water ratio and use water wetter as well, never tried it though.