Date: 20-05-24  Time: 09:26 am

Author Topic: New To Yammies  (Read 1312 times)

tbale999

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
New To Yammies
« on: 24 July 2012, 10:49:03 pm »
Hi Everyone!
I have been riding for over 40 years but have only ever had Triumphs, Ducatis and (many) Hondas. However I now have a superb 2002 Fazer 600 (with only 12,000 miles on the clock - genuine) and I have to say it's superb! Had it for 2 months and done 2,000 miles. Very impressed. Having had 3 Honda Hornets in a row I have to say it's very hard to say which is the better bike. The 600 Hornet needs to be revved to get the best out of it whereas the Fazer just goes faster the more you open up and is not so peaky. More relaxing ride. Overall handling (I'm not a boy racer any more so don't push to extremes) is similar, perfectly fine for me. The only place where the Hornet wins easily is the lighting. Sorry but the Fazer headlights are poor for night riding - anyone know of a good upgrade?
So, apart from being a very low mileage example, my Fazer is fitted with lots of extras - from the front - front fenda extenda, decent bar end weights, folding clutch/brake levers, belly pan, hugger, hand made after market carbon fibre exhaust. About to fit braided brake hoses and I've just fitted a car-type cigar lighter adapter so I can use my satnav. I'm looking for an undertray at the moment. Anyone know where I can get one for this model? I want this so I can fit a nice tail tidy with an LED rear light and indicators. Then I'll be just about finished with the customising!  As you can tell I'm an inveterate fiddler! Will post a few pics when it's all finished.
Tony

manuel32

• Club Racer
  • Do it yourself!
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: New To Yammies
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2012, 07:24:59 am »
Hi there,,get some pics up now,we want to see before and after.

Oh and where have you found a supply of parts for the fazer? as i will be shopping soon.

I know its only the internet but they are real people ! ain't they?

Looney tune

• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 July 2012, 08:56:21 am »
Hi tony, welcome to the madhoose  :)
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 July 2012, 10:04:30 pm »
Hey tony,

I was so hoping that your intro was longer than mine but sadly it was not to be,

Stupidly I didn't check how much gumpf others had written before I typed out my life story,

Anyway, glad u enjoying the bike, sounds nice,

Since yours is low mileage like mine it might be an idea to order the upgraded sprocket nut, there's tons o stuff bout it on here and saves a rebuild for 8 quid, I just got one through dealer.
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

Raymy

• Erection Services Foccer
    Brighter than a ZippoFirelighter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - There is only 1 Gertrude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2012, 08:42:11 am »
Hello and welcome. I may be breaking a 98 600 and there will be an undertray if I do so watch this space
Smell ones mother. Yaas!