Date: 01-05-24  Time: 14:52 pm

Author Topic: Tyre sealant's  (Read 1844 times)

b3tarev3

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Betarev3
    • View Profile
Tyre sealant's
« on: 12 October 2011, 07:33:38 pm »
Does anyone use these type of products in their tyres? Iv'e read the 'FAQ's' on the OKO website and the potential for wheel imbalance puts me off, but i love the idea of it fixing a puncture before you know you've got one. It works a treat on the trials bike but obviously wheel balance isn't an issue.
http://okosales.co.uk/

Aegis Bearing Mel

• FOC-U Instakok ('05)(TM) - Just add alcohol
    Geographically Disorientated Foccer
    Stealthy for a not so fat c**t
    FOC-U DIY Disaster
    Poof the Magic Dragon
    FOC-U Fudge hunting tranny smasher
  • Administrator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Tyre sealant's
« Reply #1 on: 12 October 2011, 08:09:52 pm »
Personally I've never had a problem with using it, it's saved my a good few quid in replacement tyres over the years.
Magnetic Mel was coined a while ago for sadly obvious reasons.
 :(
Not the fastest of riders, but not slow either and I've had no issues with tyre balance.
Use the bike everyday for commuting into work with a bit of motorway "progress making" in the mix and it's been fine.
Muzzy recollection of having it in my tyres when in Germany  ;) too, no issues at an indicated 145+ there either.

Our very own Nooj supplies Puncturesafe, it's the one I use so was glad to hear that he was punting it.
Much rather give a Foccer the cash than a HUGE supplier mesen.
 :D

Nooj

« Reply #2 on: 12 October 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
Hello, yes I sell it.

We've been using it for about six or seven years now, never had an issue with it in our bikes, cars or my van. All sealants are NOT the same mind! I chose to stock and install Puncturesafe as it was the one that performed the best out of all the ones we tried.

We've done track days, drag racing, European tours and commuting with it in our bike tyres so far. Debz does about 500 miles a week commuting on the bike and has never had a problem with it.

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 October 2011, 09:22:50 pm »
I run "slime" the green stuff,  in my rear tyre at the moment due to getting a large slit in my 1000 mile old bt23 and being to tight to buy a new one put that in just in case it goes.
Well it hasn't yet but i haven't noticed any balance issues either, again i'm not a fast rider but i don't hang about either.
My dealer said they have  had customers come back from touring abroad with 3 punctures and never noticed!!
Nick
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 October 2011, 10:57:55 am »
My dad had it in his FJR, had a problem with balancing and no garage will balance the wheel because of the gunk in it (not sure which one he had)

Not sure if it was because the wheel may have been out of balance before hand or anything, but only way of getting round it was a new tyre :\

Strifae

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 October 2011, 12:59:55 pm »
I have used the puncture safe stuff in my bike tyres and had no problems at all. Had a few pink parts come the end of the tyres life where it had obviously done it's job

I would recommend it definitely