Date: 01-05-24  Time: 15:32 pm

Author Topic: Close Call  (Read 1623 times)

paul1606

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Close Call
« on: 08 October 2011, 11:55:32 pm »
nearly had a head on with a police car on the way home from work tonight ...... shit myself. I was in my car in the wet a police car with lights flashing came around the bend on my side of the road going like fuck with another following sooooooooooooo close i had to slam on & swerve onto the footpath nearly hitting the stone wallto get out of his way.
If i had,nt of taken evasive action it would of been a right mess what pissed me off ,the second car saw everything & never stopped, ive reported it don,t know if that was a bright move but i was shaking like a shitting dog when i got home

Tori

• Tent Pole Erector / Truck Hunter
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
Re: Close Call
« Reply #1 on: 09 October 2011, 09:12:08 am »
I had a very similar incident some years ago. A police car overtook a firetruck in front of me. The 4x4 in front of me drove onto the hard shoulder (Which was grass) and I followed her in my little sports car and promptly slid all over the shop and bumped her up the bottom. I ahd no chance of stopping, but of course, as I hit her, it was my fault. Not very fair in the circumstances, but I have to take it on the chin. When I spoke to the fire brigade about it, their answer was....'what police car?'....grr!

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 October 2011, 10:43:04 am »
Perhaps we should dash mounted cameras for instances like this as well.

Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

SEPTIKANGEL

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - GL1800 &amp Commando850
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 October 2011, 01:38:32 pm »
Humans eh?  Who'd be one!  :rolleyes
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, FIX IT 'TILL IT IS.

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 October 2011, 12:12:25 pm »
If you don't get an acknowledgement I'd go to the IPCC for the Force in question.    Dangerous use of Blue Lights is a serious matter.
Head Focced