Date: 28-04-24  Time: 19:12 pm

Author Topic: Alarm problems  (Read 2672 times)

Lukesharp

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Blue
    • View Profile
Alarm problems
« on: 09 November 2011, 07:07:55 pm »
Hi,

hopefully you can help me. I have a SELCA MT-8 alarm, which has just given up the ghost. I got it fitted when I bought my FZS600 new in 2002. It has worked perfectly ever since until last week when it just stopped. I want to remove it and have successfully bypassed the ignition so that it fires, however it will not start as I don't seem to be able to bypass the immobiliser. Would anyone have any schematics so that I can wire up the correct wires? I had a look on the abacusalarms.co.uk site but they only have the 1998 schematics and the wiring was a bit different on the 2002 model.

Any help greatly appreciated.

flesh

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm problems
« Reply #1 on: 17 November 2011, 02:45:08 pm »
Personally I paid my local independant 1 hours labour to remove the alarm from my FZS600 (and other bikes). Costs about £30 and much easier than doing it yourself....unless you are handy with colours and pliers ;)

blackfazer6

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm problems
« Reply #2 on: 16 February 2012, 06:14:33 am »
i got a similar problem with my my 99 mk1 600 , meta alarm immobiliser fitted and now packed up with the led not  fashing , went through the whole procedure of tracing the fault to find it is the alarm unit . Abacus alarms could supply me with a new unit that can be plugged straight into the existing loom at a cost of £155 but as an avid hater of alarms the cheepest way i found to solve this is to fit a s/h wiring loom from ebay @ £30 . guess what i am doing this week end lol