Date: 16-04-24  Time: 19:45 pm

Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 1435 times)

JoeRock

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
Hi guys
« on: 23 December 2012, 08:58:08 pm »
Hi guys,

My names Joe, and I'm a 20 year old student studing Management & Finance at the university of Leicester. Been riding for 4 years now, and until about 3 weeks ago I was the very proud owner of a lovely red and black Kawasaki ZX9R E1 model. However some buggers nicked it, and so I'm now looking at getting another bike. Much as I loved the ninja it did miss some practical aspects, so I thought I'd have a nose at a FZS1000 (my uncles got one and loves it, and my dad owns the FZ1 and seems to like that as well).
Imagine you'll be getting a bunch of questions from me fairly soon about what I should be looking for/paying for one, so will speak to y'all more then  :)

Joe

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: 24 December 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
Hi Joe, yes the bikes are good, as are lots of others too.

Billy
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

karlo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • By Fazer I Fly!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Swadlincote, S.Derbys
    • View Profile
    • UK Bikers
« Reply #2 on: 24 December 2012, 01:12:49 pm »
The more I ride my thou the more I love it  :thumbup

black8

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ8 11-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 December 2012, 02:37:40 pm »
Hi Joe,ive only been on here a week and have asked a couple of questions and got no replies so i would bother asking any questions because nobody seems to want to answer anything so much for a forum eh,but good luck anyway

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 December 2012, 03:39:57 pm »
Hi Joe,ive only been on here a week and have asked a couple of questions and got no replies so i would bother asking any questions because nobody seems to want to answer anything so much for a forum eh,but good luck anyway
Not sure if you've noticed black8, but it is christmas week. People are generally a bit preoccupied about now.

But anyway Joerock, welcome to the site, and ask away any questions you might have.

Choice of bike. FZS if your after a torquey sports tourer, FZ1 if your after a revvier sports bike that can tour. Depends on what your riding style is buddy. :-D
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

baldy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fj1200
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2012, 07:19:28 pm »
Hi Joe,sorry to hear about your bike getting nicked,like your insurance isn't pricey enough!good luck with your quest for a fazer thou,there are a fair few about for sale at this time of year.I'll be happy to help as best as i am able to,just like loads of other people on this forum.
                 cheers,ian