Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

CTEK USB

(1/2) > >>

SmuttyHutty:
I am a big fan of the CTEK battery chargers and conditioners and use them on my RX8s. The 231hp model particularly dislikes its battery going flat and as I have only one on the road at a time it makes sense to keep the other one on charge. The CTEK 'Comfort Cable' is a doddle to use and very convenient.

I stuck one on the FZ6 and reconditioned the battery and keep it on charge until that wonderful day when I pass the Mod 2 arrives. There are now three items attached to the terminals and so I have ordered longer terminal bolts but want a USB port as well. So, with a bit of cutting, soldering and heat shrinking I've combined these two items to create a bespoke USB charger that simply plugs into the CTEK Comfort plug.

Grahamm:
Interesting.

I've got connections to the Optimate lead, Power Commander and heated gloves, but it's sometimes a PITA to get them all reattached if I need to disconnect the battery.

Could you post a couple of pics showing how it connects to the battery and where it sits on your bike?

SmuttyHutty:
No problem. I am not too sure how to post a pic with a comment so I'll try and explain and add the pics in the right order at the end.

It is easier to show the Comfort Cable on a Mazda as I don't have to lift up the fuel tank. That's the first three pics in this post. I'll add the others in the next. This connector has a traffic light system to show charge levels.

On the bike the connector happily fits under the tank and pokes out of the front. Then there is a pic of my home made USB connector and then it attached to the battery and loosely laid on the phone mount. I think I'll use a sticky bud to hold it to the rear of the mount.

SmuttyHutty:

Grahamm:
Ok, I see. It's pretty much the same setup I have with my Optimate lead that I use to power the sat nav cradle when it's not on charge.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version