Date: 27-04-24  Time: 00:59 am

Author Topic: throttle cables  (Read 1143 times)

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
throttle cables
« on: 12 January 2022, 04:26:57 pm »
hello,again, I've just fitted new throttle cables on my gen 2 fz1n ,I've never known such a hard fiddly job, in the end I had to pull the throttle bodies up out of their hoses to get the bottom cable in. when I start the bike up it misses on a low throttle and comes in on four after about 4000revs,it's running terrible,there is also a double click on the twistgrip which wasn't there before,on opening and closing as if the butterflies are out of synch.There is free play on the cables,I haven't a clue now whether it's electrical or what. Could I have disturbed any sensor or something ? there is a throttle position sensor on the bodies but I didn't knock it or anything.Any ideas ?

never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: throttle cables
« Reply #1 on: 13 January 2022, 08:30:41 pm »

Does anyone know of a person who I could contact regarding some technical advice on gen 2 FZ1 .I don't mind paying for this advice as there are some things I really need to know.I've hit a major problem which I have to get sorted,surely someone on here knows an expert on these engines.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 January 2022, 11:26:32 pm »
Did you route the new cables correctly and were the news ones OEM or Pattern?

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January 2022, 08:16:35 am »
Thought you'd sorted this as per this thread,

https://foc-u.co.uk/index.php?topic=27200.0

I did ask you why you change them but you didn't answer, why did you change them?
« Last Edit: 14 January 2022, 08:24:41 am by Gnasher »
Later

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 January 2022, 03:18:22 pm »
Sorry I didn't reply with the reason,I've had to have some treatment in the past which has wasted the muscles in my neck/shoulders,so much that I've nothing really to work with regarding strengthening what's left .Anyway the result is I've no strength in my neck when my head is even slightly forward and if you can imagine this with a helmet on I only have to go a few miles and the pain is to much for me and I have to stop .I've got around this problem by fitting a pair of high bars so that when I'm on the bike I'm upright and the problem is not there,I know this works because if I accelerate and let the wind push my body upright I have no pain at all .I've put the cables on the right way, they are Venhill aftermarket cables and I don't know much about them but they seem ok,I didn't have any choice but to go aftermarket as they've got to be 10" longer.I don't know if I've cocked something up to do with the throttle bodies,I didn't want to disturb them at any price but found it impossible to put the bottom cable on without doing so.  Like I said before as soon as I start the bike up it runs on 2 at low throttle and comes onto 4 as you open it up it's really rough.I took everything off to see if I could see anything and noticed that if I hold the main bodies open and look down when I just turn the throttle a bit only the left 2 smaller butterflies open not the 4 but I don't know if this is normal.I'm really struggling here with my knowledge and bothered that I'm going to be looking at a lot of money to sort this out.I know I should have left things std but I didn't think for a minute I'd have these problems just changing the bars. :\ :o

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 January 2022, 04:00:22 pm »
Okay.

It sounds very like the sub throttle servo motor/settings or you've disturbed something.  All butterfly's should open simultaneously and at the same rate.

I did contact you via PM back in Nov, check you're inbox.
« Last Edit: 15 January 2022, 04:03:22 pm by Gnasher »
Later

coffee

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 January 2022, 09:27:16 pm »
Thanks for that,I've sent you a PM.