Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Diesels and Lawnmowers (Bike racing n things)

Iannone banned for 4 years.

(1/2) > >>

robbo:
The appeal on Iannone's 18 month ban, didn't go to plan, with the appeal court upholding the original 4 year ban. If he wants it, Cal should be in a good position for the vacant Aprilia seat, as Bradley has been relegated from his test rider job, by Savadori, this years Italian Superbike winner.
Looks like Dovi will take a year out, at the moment, so Cal could be well placed for the slot.

coffee:
Read about that and initially felt for him ,he said he'd got the substance from a meal in Malaysia but when given the chance to take the powers that be to said restaurant he said he couldn't remember where it was! You would have thought with what was at stake he would have scoured every cafe/bar/restaurant in Malaysia to find it if that was the case,so I don't know really.Good hard racer though,will be missed.On another subject I can't wait for this weekend,I think Mir will wrap up the title and just hope Sam Lowes puts last week behind him and goes to Portimao with a few points lead and takes that title,everything crossed for that one ! :thumbup

robbo:
Last weekend was a massive anti-climax with regard to the Brits. McPhee on pole but lucks out, Jake Dixon out injured, Cal poor in qualifying, Sam crashes and so did Joe Roberts, who I know is a Yank, but has been well mentored by Hopper. I agree, hopefully Sam can put last week behind him, after all it wasn’t a proper crash. All eyes will certainly be on the Suzuki garage this weekend in the main event. Maybe the t-shirts have already been printed. :)

robbo:
Looks like Cal will be the factory Yamaha test rider next season, and Bezzecchi is on the short list for the vacant Aprilia seat.

robbo:
Yep, Cals signed up with Yamaha as factory test rider for next season and first reserve if Maverick or Fabio were to be injured. Sadly no Brits on the MotoGP grid next year. Jake and Sam are our GP hopes now, and Jake has age on his side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version