Date: 19-03-24  Time: 08:10 am

Author Topic: ULEZ and how it effects the Gen1:  (Read 67293 times)

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
Re: ULEZ BREAKING NEWS
« Reply #50 on: 05 February 2019, 06:06:56 am »
Lets hope you are correct. The Hydro Carbons are also higher on  a Euro 2 than a Euro 3 by about 3 times!!

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 05 February 2019, 08:33:52 pm »
spoke to mag today , they said they are seeing tlf very soon and hopr to hav esome more info on there web site soon . they also said you can send in yourself but this will most likey only give you emption and not the bike range . so i surpose we have to go it alone or wiat un till they have there next meeting

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 06 February 2019, 06:15:09 am »
It is £60 for a Certificate of Conformity. I would give it a go if TFL were basing their calculations on NOx alone but as they have specifically said Euro 3 they must be taking into account the other pollutants. My 04 Fazer 1000 is Euro 1 and my 05 Fazer is Euro 2. Both meet NOx but both fail HC and CO when compared to a Euro 3.

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 07 February 2019, 08:06:14 am »
Hi people, this is a copy of the reply I got from TFL.

Thank you for your enquiry received on 01 February 2019, regarding the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).
If you believe that any information provided by our checker is incorrect, on receipt of evidence of the vehicles Euro
standard, we would investigate further and where necessary amend our records to reflect the correct status of your
vehicle.
In order to investigate compliance status of your vehicle we advise you to provide us with vehicle registration
document (V5C) that contains the Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value and Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel), we can
confirm the compliance status of your vehicle. Please check that the NOx and if applicable the PM value is recorded on
the V5c, usually these are detailed in sections V.3 and V.5 respectively.
If these values are not recorded on the V5c you will need to provide a copy of the vehicle's Conformity Certificate which
you can obtain from the vehicle manufacturer. Alternatively you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer's
homologation department. They will need to provide you with a letter signed by a named individual from the
homologation department which contains the following information (a letter from customer services or a dealer will not
be accepted):
- Vehicle registration mark (VRM)
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Euro standard the vehicle was manufactured to
- Fuel Type
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) value
and
- Particulate matter (PM) value (if diesel)
You can complete an online enquiry form and upload your proof at tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone.
If you have any questions, please visit tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone or call us on 0343 222 2222
(textphone 0207 649 9123 if you have impaired hearing).
Yours sincerely
D. Milton
« Last Edit: 07 February 2019, 11:54:15 am by Fazerjon »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 07 February 2019, 06:33:53 pm »
TFL has ignored my email so far so I sent them another mentioning that I will be at 55 Broadway St James Park tonight for a London Underground IT forum and will be paying them a visit in person as they share the same building  :D

Then this afternoon, lo and behold, they replied.
No mention of exempting the whole model. It looks as though they are going to want a COC for each bike but I will ask them again once I have the certificate.

This is the email....

Transport for London
TRANSPORT
FOR LONDON

Ref: 12958204
7 February 2019
Dear Mr Gorman
Thank you for your email of 31 January regarding your vehicle and the ULEZ.
I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have with the introduction of the ULEZ and I appreciate the time you've taken to contact us.

The ULEZ
We do understand the difficulties some families may face because of having a vehicle that doesn’t meet the ULEZ standards.
However, the ULEZ does not require the purchase of an expensive new vehicle. Euro 4 compliant petrol cars have been available from around 2000, meaning there are affordable second-hand vehicles available. Furthermore, as part of the Mayor’s Healthy Streets approach, we are encouraging people to walk, cycle or take public transport as much as possible instead of relying on their private car.
Cities around the country are implementing Clean Air Zones and it makes sense for the government to adopt a national approach to minimising impacts on families and businesses as we deliver vitally needed improvements to our air quality. This is a national issue that requires a national solution and we are urging Londoners to write to their local MP to raise this issue with Government.
For more information on the ULEZ ahead of its launch please visit our website using the link below:
tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone
You mention that your motorcycle's NOx emission levels meets the standard to be exempt from the ULEZ. If you could send us a copy of your V5C or your certificate of conformity confirming the NOx emission levels of your vehicle, we can look to ensure that this motorcycle is included in the exemption list, thus giving you an option to travel into the city without having to pay the charge.
Thanks again for contacting us. If there is anything else we can help you with, please reply to this email. Alternatively, you can call us on 0343 222 1234 and we'll be happy to help you.
Kind regards

Kristian Lewis
Customer Service Adviser
Transport for London Customer Services

If you wish to reply directly to this email, please click on the reply button on your toolbar. Please do not alter or delete the subject line as this may result in a delay responding to your email.
We aim to reply to all emails within ten working days.
[/t][/t][/t]
[/t][/t][/t][/l]
[/color][/size]

Transport for London (TfL) will use the personal information submitted on this form to process your feedback and provide you with the information or services you have requested. We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes. For further information please see our Privacy Policy.

[/size]***********************************************************************************[/size]
The contents of this e-mail and any attached files are confidential. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately at postmaster@tfl.gov.uk and remove it from your system. If received in error, please do not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy this email or its content. Transport for London excludes any warranty and any liability as to the quality or accuracy of the contents of this email and any attached files. [/font]
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Transport for London is a statutory corporation whose principal office is at 55 Broadway, London, SW1H 0DB. Further information about Transport for London’s subsidiary companies can be found on the following link: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/about-tfl/
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]Although TfL have scanned this email (including attachments) for viruses, recipients are advised to carry out their own virus check before opening any attachments, as TfL accepts no liability for any loss, or damage which may be caused by viruses.
[/size]***********************************************************************************
[/size]

[/font]

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 07 February 2019, 07:05:46 pm »

It is a positive response. No mention of meeting CO or HC levels. If they are only looking at NOx levels then it might just work.

I can get my photograph's etc. together at the weekend and apply for my C of C, its £60 a time though!!

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 07 February 2019, 08:58:11 pm »
Can't we just send them a letter with our reg no saying 'my bike's the same as Dazza's'?  :)

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 07 February 2019, 09:13:30 pm »
Can't we just send them a letter with our reg no saying 'my bike's the same as Dazza's'?  :)

That would be too easy!!!

Mustang

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 2015
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 February 2019, 09:33:26 am »
Alternatively you may wish to contact the vehicle manufacturer'shomologation department

This would be better as homologation would, I would hope, in law cover the whole manufactured fleet of bikes.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 13 February 2019, 08:49:31 am »
dazza

any news on the fazer getting a pass ?????

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 13 February 2019, 01:10:44 pm »
Not yet, still waiting on Yamaha for the COC.
Going to email TFL again and get a more definitive answer as to the certainty for exemption but as far as I can see, once I get the conformity cert, it's in the bag.
Not ready to give up on the old girl yet, that's for certain.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13 February 2019, 01:15:10 pm »
some here , i have seen 2 other guys get older bikes passed so sure you get your done , i use mine to go to london each day so really hoping you get this

all the best and thanks 

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13 February 2019, 02:05:40 pm »
I've written to TFL and provided the figures for my 05 Gen1. I have asked them to confirm if its worth me paying £60 for the C of C. If they are only interested in NOx then we can all get exemption.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 13 February 2019, 03:06:54 pm »
Probably too late now but I wouldn't provide them with any other figures other than the NOx.
As far as I'm aware, that's all they are going by.
Giving them too much information is IMO giving them other reasons to deny exemption.
But then it's not about the money ( I know this because they told me so)  :rolleyes so we should still be alright. :)
« Last Edit: 13 February 2019, 03:10:59 pm by dazza »

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13 February 2019, 05:30:17 pm »
But surely the CoC will include all of the emission readings?

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 13 February 2019, 05:57:37 pm »
I won't know till I receive one.
What figures did you give them and where did you get them from ?

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 14 February 2019, 06:12:16 am »
I won't know till I receive one.
What figures did you give them and where did you get them from ?

I gave then the CO and HC figures which came from Yamaha Customer Service.

Fazerjon

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 14 February 2019, 05:41:59 pm »
I hope it’s just the NOx figures they’re after then, or we could all be doomed......!!

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 16 February 2019, 10:49:19 am »

Extract from a letter I've just received from TFL after I supplied details of my CO and HC which were both higher than a Euro 3 engine.:

The motorcycles/mopeds need to achieve a NOx of equal or below 0.15 (Euro 3) to be ULEZ compliant.
Therefore, we would require a copy of your vehicle's Conformity Certificate along with a copy of your vehicle registration document (V5c) in order for us to confirm the compliance status of your vehicle.

It is still very positive. I think I'll apply for the C of C and see how it goes.

b1k3rdude

• Foc-u Helpful Foccer
  • Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSF 1250
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 17 February 2019, 08:56:08 pm »
So looks like my bandit is also eligible for a CoC, but in typical Suzuki Style they are ripping us off for the privilege - https://bikes.suzuki.co.uk/contact-us/certificate-of-conformity/  £95 and its a bank transfer so if they do a runner with your money there isnt much you can do about it.

old son

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZX10R
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 18 February 2019, 06:16:15 am »
Why would Suzuki do a runner with your money? I would have thought you would have been pleased, you might not need to upgrade to a post 2007 now?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 18 February 2019, 10:05:29 am »
Putting it into context, with the ULEZ charge at £12.50 a day, £60 is a week's worth and £95 is a week and a half. So with a CoC you'd be in profit pretty quickly.

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 19 February 2019, 07:57:37 pm »
Is anyone else having trouble emailing TFL ?
I've had about 7 emails failed to send today.
I'm beginning to think that they've turned off their email communication ability due to the amount of correspondence.

Ripsnortingvtwin

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - cb750kz
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 20 February 2019, 08:48:50 am »
do hope not dazza , time is getting short now so hope to here you have good news soon !

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26 February 2019, 01:46:15 pm »
Received my COC in the post today and emailed it straight away to TFL along with previous copies of emails they have failed to respond to.
Their customer service is appalling and if I don't get a reply to producing the certificate I'm going to lodge a formal complaint and deliver it by hand to their offices in StJames Park.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, now I have the certificate it conforms to the NOx limit and should be exempt.

The bad news is that due to no response from them regarding getting the whole model exempted and the fact that each certificate is bike specific. It appears that this has got to be done on an individual basis.

The good news is, it's possible and can be done.

« Last Edit: 26 February 2019, 01:47:29 pm by dazza »