Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZ6 / Fazer

Need new chain and sprockets, what do you recommend?

(1/4) > >>

carcrusher:
As the title says, I want to replace them since they're showing signs of wear and also I don't have a complete history of the bike to know when they were last changed.
wemoto.com shows me a DID chain and JT sprockets kit but should I wanted to know what other people think.

celticbiker:
I always buy separate parts.
While there is nothing wrong with the JT kit there is better out there, I use and highly recommend renthal sprockets and a  did X ring chain.

Dudeofrude:
Oops wrong section

Dudeofrude:
🤪🤪

Grahamm:

--- Quote from: carcrusher on 16 July 2017, 03:34:10 pm ---As the title says, I want to replace them since they're showing signs of wear and also I don't have a complete history of the bike to know when they were last changed.
wemoto.com shows me a DID chain and JT sprockets kit but should I wanted to know what other people think.

--- End quote ---

I've used the same set with a 520 DID X Ring Gold chain and JT sprockets and it's served me well (I do have a Scotoiler on the bike, so there's no problems with keeping it lubed).

You can get the "cushioned" front sprocket which has a rubber section around the middle that's supposed to make it less noisy, but it's not necessary.

Don't forget to buy a new tab washer for the front sprocket when you get the rest!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version