Date: 27-04-24  Time: 17:50 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 226953 times)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #1125 on: 26 December 2018, 09:17:58 pm »
We had a brilliant leader for this BREXIT, the one and only Margaret Thatcher, she would of sorted the remoaners out,
She did a fantastic job herein her time, sorted them unions out.
Bring back Maggie xxx

An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: 26 December 2018, 11:02:41 pm »
Bring back Maggie xxx
Good luck with that :rolleyes .
 There's plenty of politicians who are still in the land of the living that are doing their level best to ensure Brexit is implemented. I'd suggest you'd be better off placing your faith in them ;) .

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 27 December 2018, 12:11:37 am »
We had a brilliant leader for this BREXIT, the one and only Margaret Thatcher, she would of sorted the remoaners out,She did a fantastic job herein her time, sorted them unions out.Bring back Maggie xxx

Yes bring back Maggie, the supporter of the EU. Um you did know about this didn't you?  :)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 27 December 2018, 02:00:01 am »
More misleading misinformation from a remainer willing to quote old news from early on in someone's life or career.
Now tell the truth.
When she was the opposition she was an advocate but once in power after she wised up, she strongly spoke out against the EU.
I'm not saying she wanted to leave but she certainly saw them as unelected beaurocrats. Slimwilly may be referring to her reputation as an iron lady and willingness to stand up to and speak out against

wayhttps://youtu.be/3h75URc8p74
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 03:52:52 pm by dazza »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 27 December 2018, 02:21:33 am »

Yes bring back Maggie, the supporter of the EU. Um you did know about this didn't you?  :)

https://youtu.be/tVt_1ByddUQ
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 04:17:44 am by dazza »

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 27 December 2018, 07:43:01 am »
How many sleeps before we are a free and independent nation again?

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: 27 December 2018, 09:22:13 am »
We had a brilliant leader for this BREXIT, the one and only Margaret Thatcher, she would of sorted the remoaners out,She did a fantastic job herein her time, sorted them unions out.Bring back Maggie xxx

One of the things I notice here is that they are all separate nations flags, would that be today there would just be the 1 EU flag.
NO NO NO as the lady said. 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 27 December 2018, 10:34:30 am »
More misleading misinformation from a remainer willing to quote old news from early on in someone's life or career.
Bit difficult to quote current Maggie news! One thing Maggie wouldn't have done is lead us down a path which makes this country poorer.
And there you go providing those dodgy Internet links again  ;)
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 10:57:03 am by mtread »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 27 December 2018, 12:01:53 pm »
Bit difficult to quote current Maggie news! One thing Maggie wouldn't have done is lead us down a path which makes this country poorer.
And there you go providing those dodgy Internet links again  ;)
You haven't got to quote current news, just relevant and the most up to date.
As said before, it's not where you started, it's where you ended up.
It's the same as when you try to discredit TR by his early misdemeanours.
What I've noticed with you mtread is that you seem to delight in trying to make people on here look foolish just for the sake of doing it.
The thing is, I've met you in person and you didn't strike me as that type.
Funny what effect sitting behind a keyboard can do to some folks.
I noticed the Norweigan flag is prominent on her jumper too......Bit ironic that.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 27 December 2018, 12:36:12 pm »
Not me. Someone else created those. I just found them on Facebook and posted the images :lol

I think the keyboard brings out alter egos that are tongue in cheek sometimes. I don't for one minute believe that mttread was being serious when he says "yeah I posted it, but im not the original author so therefore technically I didn't actually say it, even though I repeated it. Which I obviously didn't..." :lol :lol

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 27 December 2018, 12:48:20 pm »
I'm a hard remainer but I'm not taking this thread seriously  :) And yes we have met Dazza, but I don't make a lot of noise.
BTW (not making you look foolish) but there's no Norwegian flag on her jumper  :D
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 12:49:42 pm by mtread »

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 27 December 2018, 01:32:41 pm »
ditto mate. Whatever our individual politics were all here for the love of one thing, and its got two wheels, an engine and no political leanings whatsoever.. ;) ;)

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 27 December 2018, 01:57:10 pm »
I'm a hard remainer but I'm not taking this thread seriously  :) And yes we have met Dazza, but I don't make a lot of noise.
BTW (not making you look foolish) but there's no Norwegian flag on her jumper  :D
Yes, my mistake, always get Danish and Norweigan flags mixed up.  :)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 27 December 2018, 05:20:01 pm »

That because there is no such place as Norway, it does not exist, it just a made place up by the rest of the Scandinavian twits.  :eek [size=78%]  [/size]

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 27 December 2018, 05:51:24 pm »

I think the keyboard brings out alter egos that are tongue in cheek sometimes. I don't for one minute believe that mttread was being serious when he says "yeah I posted it, but im not the original author so therefore technically I didn't actually say it, even though I repeated it. Which I obviously didn't..." :lol :lol

No indeed, I think he was, quite possibly, taking the piss out of those who object to a tongue in cheek poster taking the piss out of BREXITEERS. 

I think also cos we are reduced to text on this forum it makes it harder for folks to accept that others may have a different point of view.  Folks often post on a forum, or rather facebook or twitter, looking for others to agree with them.  Many people ain’t looking for debate, they look online for re-enforcement of their own views.  We’ve all signed up here cos we love bikes – but low and behold we don’t all share the same political views. 
It's the same as when you try to discredit TR by his early misdemeanours.
For somebody to be discredited they would have to have some sort of credibility.  A person who takes and uses as a pseudonym, the name of a ‘celebrated’ football hooligan, just never had and never will have any credibility, and that’s without going into his string of convictions, time in jail, as well trying to get paedophiles off the hook for his own perverted narcissistic publicity gain.  As for the Oxford student union, they have made themselves look pretty stupid by offering him a platform.

For me BREXIT is the UK’s TRUMP moment.  We are blaming the EU for a secession of governments over several decades that have represented first and foremost the 1% and screwed the rest of us.

It’s that and the new digital world we live in.  Apparently, we have had enough of experts.  The facts are lies – fake news, and the lies, like 350 million pounds a week for the NHS are the truth.  And of course what will we do if we crash out of the EU without a deal and we all feel the pain – well, simple, people will blame the EU!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 27 December 2018, 05:55:19 pm »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 27 December 2018, 06:56:49 pm »
How many sleeps before we are a free and independent nation again?

Less than 100 now :D . I've got the Champagne on ice :b (I've heard we won't be able to get Champagne after Brexit by the way ;) ).

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 27 December 2018, 07:18:43 pm »
Less than 100 now :D . I've got the Champagne on ice :b (I've heard we won't be able to get Champagne after Brexit by the way ;) ).

Sure you will.  Just that a bottle Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label will be 30% or more dearer due to weaker pound and the import tariff.  So 52 quid as opposed to the usual 40 quid.  But, really, how many will be drinking champagne in Britains new hire and fire low wage economy anyway.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 27 December 2018, 07:31:56 pm »
Just that a bottle Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label will be 30% or more dearer due to weaker pound and the import tariff. 
So why don't we just not put a tariff on it then, --- wait a min thats part of being in the EU --- wait a min, we wont be in the EU --- wait a min that means we will not have to levy import taxes on non EU goods either like we have to do as part of the club ----wait a min, that means food will be CHEAPER. 
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 07:55:35 pm by fazersharp »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 27 December 2018, 07:55:12 pm »
So why don't we just not put a tariff on it then
I totally agree! :)   We can do that by REMAINING in the EU. :)   Tariff free trade! :)   

But sadly when we leave, or rather if we leave under NO DEAL, as you seem to prefer, then we will be a third party country operating under WTO rules.

I’m not going to pretend thatI know the WTO rules on booze and tariffs.  But I believe the EU places a 30% tariff on imported wine from third party countries.

So um, yeah, I might be a bit out with my price guess on Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label.  Could be more like 60 quid.

But hey you want BREXIT. ;)

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 27 December 2018, 07:56:44 pm »
I totally agree! :)   We can do that by REMAINING in the EU. :)   Tariff free trade! :)   

But sadly when we leave, or rather if we leave under NO DEAL, as you seem to prefer, then we will be a third party country operating under WTO rules.

I’m not going to pretend thatI know the WTO rules on booze and tariffs.  But I believe the EU places a 30% tariff on imported wine from third party countries.

So um, yeah, I might be a bit out with my price guess on Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label.  Could be more like 60 quid.

But hey you want BREXIT. ;)

I added stuff at the same time as your reply

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 27 December 2018, 07:59:42 pm »

And also OUT.

But I believe the EU places a 30% tariff on imported wine from third party countries.
WE wont be in the EU so we can do what we like, we don't have to have any tariffs on food.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 27 December 2018, 08:19:45 pm »
WE wont be in the EU so we can do what we like, we don't have to have any tariffs on food.

Hopefully mtread who has some expertise in customs will be able to put us in the picture.

But I don’t think it’s a matter of just doing as we please, as again we will be under WTO rules.

And OK, so say we can import tariff free food and drink from the EU.  Can you explain how that makes sense Fazersharp, when the EU will treat us exactly as they currently treat all other third party countries.  What you seem to be suggesting is no import tariff on EU booze, yet we might see 30% slapped on Scottish Whisky heading to Europe.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 27 December 2018, 08:45:56 pm »

Hopefully mtread who has some expertise in customs will be able to put us in the picture.

But I don’t think it’s a matter of just doing as we please, as again we will be under WTO rules.

And OK, so say we can import tariff free food and drink from the EU.  Can you explain how that makes sense Fazersharp, when the EU will treat us exactly as they currently treat all other third party countries.  What you seem to be suggesting is no import tariff on EU booze, yet we might see 30% slapped on Scottish Whisky heading to Europe.

Its both booze and food. Your scaremongering tactic was that food and booze will cost more due to tariffs, tariffs on non EU imports have to have the EU 30% on them --- that 30% collected go's straight to the EU coffers. When we leave we can chose not to add tariffs so imported food and booze will be cheaper. The treasury will not even miss the 30% because they don't get it anyway -- the EU gets it.
So what if the EU slap 30% on scot whisky, you will still have the rest of the world to sell to without the 30% EU tax added.
And it the EU slap 30% on the exports to us then --- the phrase you have promoted against brexit is that they will be cutting off their noses to spite their faces because we can replace most of the food and booze from outside the EU.     
we might see 30% slapped on Scottish Whisky heading to Europe.
And that's it isn't it, there it is -- the problem with all the remainers they only want to remain for self serving selfish reasons.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2018, 08:52:37 pm by fazersharp »