Date: 20-05-24  Time: 19:30 pm

Author Topic: Mid Week Run to Wales.  (Read 1801 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Mid Week Run to Wales.
« on: 29 August 2014, 05:45:18 pm »
After vile Bank Holiday Monday weather made a decision on Tues to revisit lake Vrynwy then take the mountain road to Bala.
Booked in at delightful working farm B&B a few miles north of Bala where I discovered fellow "foccer" Rustyznuttz was also staying. It was great to meet & have a chat with him & his partner. My fellow rider,Amanda, has just qualified as an RMN & we decided to make the trip before she starts her new NHS career. She is currently on a Yamaha YBR 125(L plates) but hopes to do her test next year & is a potential Fazer rider!
Thursday dawned bright but by the time we hit the A494 alongside the lake the rain clouds had  gathered and we had a few very wet miles but as we approached  Dolgellau the sun was shining and thats how the day remained. From there we took the A470 route back to Newtown then did the A483 to Crossgates.
After a break at the caff it was time to ride back across to Leominster, Tenbury Wells, Bewdley, Droitwich and home. 294 miles and not an ache or pain. :lol

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: Mid Week Run to Wales.
« Reply #1 on: 29 August 2014, 05:47:30 pm »
More pics:

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 August 2014, 05:48:57 pm »
and another

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 August 2014, 05:50:26 pm »
last one!

Yamazer-92

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TL1000S
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29 August 2014, 06:16:15 pm »
One of my favourite parts of Wales! I'm going back there on sunday but not quite that far north this time unfortunately as we're bringing along my brother and he has to be back to school on wednesday. Here's a couple of pics of when we went quite recently this year, one of my Fazer on the Lake Vyrnwn dam in it's new naked form which is still a work in progress but looks and feels much better in my opinion.

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 August 2014, 06:24:14 pm »
£00 miles on a 125 on "Ls"  wow,

a good day out,
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2014, 06:45:43 pm »
One of my favourite parts of Wales! I'm going back there on sunday but not quite that far north this time unfortunately as we're bringing along my brother and he has to be back to school on wednesday. Here's a couple of pics of when we went quite recently this year, one of my Fazer on the Lake Vyrnwn dam in it's new naked form which is still a work in progress but looks and feels much better in my opinion.
We called at the cafe over the bridge for refreshments & got chatting to a couple from Telford on a H***a VFR 750. They were planning to do the Elan Valley on Thursday -I told them about the superb mountain road from th top reservoir up to Devils Bridge.
Like the look of the naked bike stood in front of the Victorian heavy civil engineering.
It is a great time of year to ride IF you watch out for the tractor mud-hopefully we wont be needing one of these!

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2014, 10:09:03 pm »
dave 48, would you have a phone number for the b and b that  you used,as im planning on going to wales for a couple of days next week,so having a recomended stopping point for a night or 2 would be good to have booked ?!   :thumbup

looks good all week weather wise and it'll be the last chance for me to get away on the bike this year.

provisional plan is a quick hack to Abagerveny from here in somerset,then a bimble up to Aberystwyth via builth wells/Llandrindod wells/Llangurig, over night in Bala,then next day up to Angelsey then back however i like from there the following day.

not been to wales on the bike for about 12 years so looking forward to it. just need to get the ex mrs to dog sit  :\

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 29 August 2014, 10:31:35 pm »
dave 48, would you have a phone number for the b and b that  you used,as im planning on going to wales for a couple of days next week,so having a recomended stopping point for a night or 2 would be good to have booked ?!   :thumbup

looks good all week weather wise and it'll be the last chance for me to get away on the bike this year.

provisional plan is a quick hack to Abagerveny from here in somerset,then a bimble up to Aberystwyth via builth wells/Llandrindod wells/Llangurig, over night in Bala,then next day up to Angelsey then back however i like from there the following day.

not been to wales on the bike for about 12 years so looking forward to it. just need to get the ex mrs to dog sit  :\

Dont have phone number as Amanda booked it but its called  Tair felin Farm Guesthouse LL30 7NS-she found it on internet

pilgo

• Club Racer
  • wyrd bio ful araed
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT 09 TRACER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30 August 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
 :thumbup   CHEERS MUCKER

trips defo on,in negotiations with mr noggy to maybe meet up with him tuesday or wednesday,so might not get this far north,but i'll have a shufty online for it anyway.

anyone at a loss end monday/tuesday/wednesday and you fancy a 3 day mini tour of welsh wales, i aim to be at Abergaveny bus stop cafe place at midday monday so give me a shout. tad short notice i realise,but thats the plus side of being a sad lonely single bloke  :lol

Rustyz nutzz

• CBT Wobbler
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - R1 - modified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 30 August 2014, 11:53:39 pm »
Hey Dave ,
greetings from Caerphilly from Karen (CBR650f) and myself on my Fz1 fazer with Deks full system on it now :D

Been out for a little run today , a friend Tracey aka Tracey's Romanian charity ride, we saw her off she's riding 21 countrys in 30days I beleive.
But not on a 125 as brave as Amanda mate. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. :)

It was great to meet you  at the farmhouse mate we had a varied day after we left I dropped out for a while with a bad migraine, so we took a train ride up but that failed due to bad weather and I had to get off as I was sick behind the station stop 5/8 up.
So later karen and I tried to get to Snowdon summit and , near made it ....but migraine re-appeared and my vision went so I had to sit for a while till it came back so we could descend in gale force winds...... so Snowdon beat us again.
We got home at 23:30 hours and drove through some bad weather . Thinking of you guys as we did.

Catch up soon and pass on our best to Amanda and good luck on her test. ;)

Ride safe.

Best regards.

Dave n Karen.

If it's got more than 2 wheels it's a car!