Date: 27-04-24  Time: 13:22 pm

Author Topic: Brake hoses/pipes  (Read 641 times)

Dman2019

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Brake hoses/pipes
« on: 21 December 2023, 08:54:29 am »
Morning.

Does anyone know the length of all the original brake hoses/pipes?

Are they measured by the hose/pipe without the banjos or are the banjos included in the overall length?

Lastly has anyone bought brake hoses/pipes from Amazon? If so are they any good?

Cheers

Gnasher

• Foc-u Brake Doctor
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - ZX10R, XJR1300, X10, GSF1000GT
    • View Profile
Re: Brake hoses/pipes
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2023, 11:04:49 am »
Hoses are generally measured from centre to centre of the banjo.

If you're looking for standard length replacements, I'd recommend opting for one of the following: -

Goodridge
Vernhill
Hell
Earl's

All of the above I've fitted over the years, all are good, some are in my opinion are easier to fit, require no assembly, supply all hose fitting rubbers and fit better (Goodridge).   Others require various levels of assembly, you've got to supply hose rubbers or P clips and the fit isn't as good.  A few dealers and pad suppliers (EBC, TRW, ) now also do a range of hoses, these are ok and are a mix of the above, without some of the nicer finishes.

All of the above will supply bespoke hose lengths in any finish.

I've never used Amazon neither would I.  That said doesn't make them bad, it's likely they are a branded supplied hose, just sold by Amazon, in which case they're good.  If they are branded Amazon, they'll likely to be low spec  i.e. nickel, non coated, in which case you'd do better avoiding unless money is really tight and you don't mine a lesser finish.     

Later

katana

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • - Ducati Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Brake hoses/pipes
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2024, 10:18:56 pm »
Just bought a set of lines, racing set up from wezmoto, on recomedation from here. Stainless ends and comes with the rubber mounts.  Can send photos ifyou want.