Date: 21-05-24  Time: 01:34 am

Author Topic: Hi from Wakefield  (Read 977 times)

Falco9

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Hi from Wakefield
« on: 27 July 2014, 12:00:13 pm »
Hi everyone!

Just bought my first Fazer. Its a Gen 1, 1000, 2004 model with 22k on the clock and in immaculate condition. It still has the std Yamaha greenish finish to the fasteners and brake hoses!!!  I needed something to put a smile on my face and a bit of excitement and the Fazer hasn't disappointed  :D

Its a Scorpion Can fitted (that's got to go, its far too quiet) and a dark screen, hugger and the usual R&G crash bungs I see on every Fazer and it also has a Hyperpro shock (no not just the spring) but other than its a nice unmolested example with a FSH.
First impressions are superb engine wise, she pulls well and goes like a train at the top end ( as you'd expect) however the forks are a disaster area, completely collapsing under heavy braking (yes I am a fat ba**ard  lol ) Luckily I know Gareth at Reactive Suspension and he can have the job of re-valving and re-springing them this winter ( I don't do winter riding ;))

New braided hoses are on order (std hoses at 10yrs old aren't going to be at their best are they) along with new pads. I'll replace the oil, coolant, plugs and filters as well,as despite a full service history that way I know its been done and done correctly plus it highlights any areas for work I didn't spot

I've riding bikes since I was 9, I'm now 53 with no real signs of slowing down. I've done a tiny bit of racing (back in the day) a lot of trials riding but now just the roads My other bike is a BMW RT1200 for touring ( toured across most of Europe now ) with the missus and I've owned a raft of bikes over the years the most recent being a Falco, a Tuono, a K1300S and a couple of GS's before the RT and the Fazer

I'm here to learn and absorb the vast amount of Fazer knowledge and where I can lend some information / assistance through my own personal experience or contacts I'll be happy to do so

F9
I've spent 40yrs riding motorcycles...............the rest I've wasted...

Dunky

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Wakefield
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2014, 07:42:31 pm »
Welcome to the site mate.
" Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die tomorrow. "

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2014, 08:00:54 pm »
Welcome-Sounds like a good purchase!   Now lets see a pic.
This forum is a mine of info-all things FAZER :lol ( and some other stuff!)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2014, 11:55:26 pm »
welcome along,,,,,,,,,,,,, pics pics pics ,we want pics  :lol
please god let the sun keep shining