Date: 17-05-24  Time: 14:51 pm

Author Topic: Here by mistake...  (Read 704 times)

Mongrel

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Here by mistake...
« on: 01 August 2014, 10:14:29 pm »
I was supposed to buy an SV 1000 you know! The options had been whittled down, and the decision made! The Fazer was on the list, but stories of saggy rear ends and diving forks, lack of torque AND bhp, why on earth would you want one???

Apart from when you start reading the owners reviews! They seem to tell more of a story of a flawed, but potentially brilliant bike....

...and then there was the bargain....

I'd sold the Blackbird at last, after 3 Ebay timewasters, but got there in the end! I wanted something a bit more flickable through the twisty stuff, without getting back into the realms of wannabe Rossi's and getting (yet another) Gixxer or similar !!!
I'd decided on an SV1000...until I happened across this little beauty for not a lot of money!
Been dry stored for 3 years, had a very good respray after a top fairing crunch and unsurprisingly, no MOT. Fuel poured out of the carbs as soon as she ran up, she wouldn't idle without choke but, the forks have been swapped out for fully adjustable units by MCTechnics...and I just had to take a chance! Carbs stripped and cleaned out, full service, EXUP stripped cleaned and reset, suspension set up and straight through the MOT! Happy days!

East Sussex watch out, there's a new beastie out to play!

« Last Edit: 01 August 2014, 10:17:11 pm by Mongrel »

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Here by mistake...
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2014, 07:48:36 am »
Hello, well done with the find

grey is the colour at the moment,,

you will find lots on here to ride with
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Here by mistake...
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2014, 11:34:01 pm »
welcome, great choice in the end ,mine never fails to make me grin like a loon especially since i changed the rear shock for a bmw 1000rr one and had it ivanized go into the search yoke to find details of these ,enjoy the site and enjoy the bike  :faz
please god let the sun keep shining