Date: 30-04-24  Time: 23:33 pm

Author Topic: Replacement oil return/feed pipe  (Read 13294 times)

His Dudeness

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement oil return/feed pipe
« Reply #50 on: 08 December 2016, 08:56:17 pm »
The only thing I'd wonder is whether the diameter of the original pipe is important for creating oil pressure in the top end or is it just an oil supply?

bandit

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 08 December 2016, 09:56:34 pm »

Hefhoover

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 30 December 2016, 09:17:08 pm »
The correct type of hose to use would be a PTFE or Teflon lined, braided hose which are usually clamped or hydraulically crimped to the end fitting. Stainless fittings would be best as alloy fittings aren't suitable for road use because of their aversion to road salt.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/fuel-hose/automotive-plumbing-solutions-100-series-ptfe-lined-fuel-oil-hose-with-stainless-overbraid

Hef.  :)

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 30 December 2016, 11:04:32 pm »
I think you'd want a banjo with a compression type fitting like you see on brake hose's just in case, not sure how long your engine would last if one of the hose ends came off or how long you would stay on if your hose managed to coat your front tyre in engine oil.

The engineer helping me with my bike has said he will have a look at fitting a braided hose although he hasn't actually pulled the old one off yet to see if off the shelf items will do the job.

Will be taking the engine to him for some helicoils in the new year so will ask him to look into it then
Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!