Date: 17-05-24  Time: 22:32 pm

Author Topic: tail pipe/BHP?  (Read 1135 times)

mr wayneker

• DAS Born Again
  • HAY HOO
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
tail pipe/BHP?
« on: 22 July 2015, 08:56:03 pm »
hi all
I had a tube tech 2TR on my girl for a couple of weeks..NICE sound and all that..no db killer in and no baffle
all the time it was in I thought I was just kidding myself that it had given me some more bhp with out doing any other
adjustments....(sounded louder so I thought it was going faster right??)

but now I have put the standard tail pipe back on IT FEELS LIKE SOME ONE IS STRANGLING MY GIRL...just about where all four pipes meet..
and to be honest almost like all the gasses are going to POP out the head .....it just feels and sounds so restricted

and honestly feels like its lost a bit of grunt......is it just me :\
WORK TO LIVE LIVE TO WORK

Paul

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: tail pipe/BHP?
« Reply #1 on: 23 July 2015, 09:29:02 am »
I reckon the standard downpipes are probably the best for mid range, and probably top end to.
After-market downpipes can affect performance, and in my experience a negative way.

I don't think it  matters what Silencer or Loudener you stick on the bike, because all it affects is the amount of noise you create.
My personal experience is that the critical part of the exhaust system is the downpipes and the point where they link and form one pipe.

Paulfzs

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - vtr 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 July 2015, 11:57:39 am »
standard exhaust will strangle it, have you seen whats inside them!

i took mine off and fitted a titanium stubby which weighs less than the tip of a standard fazer can so less weight more speed, less restrictive more speed.

mr wayneker

• DAS Born Again
  • HAY HOO
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 July 2015, 09:17:03 pm »
I think the critical part for speed and restriction is the tail pipe...am I not right??????
or the ports of the head where it meets the head of the exhaust??...like when I had a TZR where you could adjust the amount
of air coming out of the engine?? or fit a power valve to open it at the right time of revs and add racing reeds

so I think it has a lot more to do with the silencer on the fzs like what paulfzs said I have seen inside the standard pipe
or seen whats coming out of it every time I shake it...lol....sounds like there is a tin of dried peas in there :rollin

now my question is what other mods can you do to add more BHP to these lovely girls...can you do remaps and shits and giggles like that

I say that because I had a run in on the way home from BMAD with a mt7 and he could not get past me when I had the tail pipe on
......(more then likely got scared of the sound of it.. :rollin)...but honest he struggled

MORE BHP im a granddad as of today so need to hurry up... :lol   
WORK TO LIVE LIVE TO WORK

Paulfzs

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - vtr 1000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 July 2015, 05:11:35 pm »
change exhaust
add k&n

thats all really...

there was a thread on the interwebs of a 660cc kit for the thundercat but the company wouldn't confirm if they could make one for a fazer but the cat was about £600!