Date: 18-05-24  Time: 04:32 am

Author Topic: Petrol prices  (Read 20469 times)

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
Re: Petrol prices
« Reply #25 on: 16 December 2014, 10:50:42 pm »
Sorry Slappy, could not resist, suddenly though it is going to hurt the UK now, but I thought it was Scottish oil?? Do not see how it is going to hurt the Motorists south of the border. We will be fracking our own gas soon enough, Fossil fuels, who gives a fuck the planet is bollocked anyway.
 :evil :pokefun

Well yeah the UK economy is focced, focced through decades of following a neo liberal privatise everything agenda.

I'd love it to be Scotland's oil, even at 60 dollars a barrel.  We'll take it.

As for foc the planet.  There is not a lot you can do to destroy the planet Lew, it will survive and continue what ever we do.   What is possible, is that the human race and great many other species may become extinct.

And of course whilst we won't be the first species to become extinct, we will be the first in the history of our planet to not only know it was going to happen, but remarkably we have the ability to stop it from happening, but it seems the likely hood is that we will keep our fingers firmly on the self destruct button. 

Enjoy your cheap fill ups whilst you can Lew.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 16 December 2014, 11:02:22 pm »

im with you here....I was wondering earlier about how much of this is to hurt Russia too as they are now struggling again with the drop in what they can sell their oil and gas for.

Oil prices dropping to half their level of just a few months ago doesn't strike me as a ploy to hurt Putin. Isn't it all to do with the U.S. going nuts for fracking, and so being able to tap in to massive reserves? But it has destroyed Russia's economy for sure by the look of things. But Europe's is in turmoil, and the Chinese economy is on a slow down. So where is it all headed? China was supposed to be the new giant, is it just a blip for them?

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
  • There is only one form of racing, road racing.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2017 MT-09 Tracer ABS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 17 December 2014, 07:45:31 am »
We all know we need to stop using fossil fuels. So when the major economies like China , Korea,India, America take a major step in the reduction of there use maybe I will give a foc.
Scotland should set the example in being at the fore front of sending us back into the dark ages and stop all oil and gas production.

Start ploughing the fields using horses again, hand sowing seeds , stick a cork up a cows arse to cut down on green house gases, oh we could bottle that and use it for cooking with? still that would be using a green house gas, so we can't do that then.

The problem with society is we moan about causing the death of the planet, but really none of us really give a foc so long as we can flick a switch and the kettle boils, turn the thermostat up and we get to feel a bit warmer. Hopefully the price of oil will continue to fall and we can still buy cheap petrol so we can go out for a jolly on our Fazers.

Mass unemployment VNA predicts, well man has always found a way out of that dilema. We are well overdue a major world conflict so problem solved. There is no unemployment during a world war. Just think as well if we survive, the building industry will pickup , the DIY shops will be doing a roaring trade.

We will then build a land fit for heros, ah! I thought we did that last time round???or was that ww1.

So all in all with the falling price of oil we are all focced. Let's hope you get a decent summer in the UK at least you will be able to enjoy some of the cheap deals that will be available up in Scotland as the economy will have gone into meltdown.

VNA take a happy pill for foc's sake.
MT-09 Tracer for those who no longer can handle a BIG boy Fazer

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 17 December 2014, 10:24:09 am »

Prescriptions are free in Scotland so he won`t even have to pay for it.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 17 December 2014, 10:59:52 am »

One of the reasons the English should feel pissed off then, same thing in Wales free prescriptions and dental care, ah crap I am going to cause another row.  :pokefun

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17 December 2014, 11:18:01 am »

im with you here....I was wondering earlier about how much of this is to hurt Russia too as they are now struggling again with the drop in what they can sell their oil and gas for.

Oil prices dropping to half their level of just a few months ago doesn't strike me as a ploy to hurt Putin. Isn't it all to do with the U.S. going nuts for fracking, and so being able to tap in to massive reserves? But it has destroyed Russia's economy for sure by the look of things. But Europe's is in turmoil, and the Chinese economy is on a slow down. So where is it all headed? China was supposed to be the new giant, is it just a blip for them?
I think Russsia  is just a by product of what is rearly happening, its an OPEC plan to destroy american fracking production because it is such an expensive way to produce, some producers need oil to be over £100 a barrel to be viable. OPEC has just met and decided not to cut production which would of put the price up which would help the american wells.
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 December 2014, 11:58:00 am »
If OPEC are doing that , the Americains will be quite happy to cap there wells and buy cheap OPEC oil. At the end of the day the Americains and even the UK will still have their own Gas waiting to be fracked so the ragheads will lose out in the long run, foc em!!only a bunch of foccing sand dancers anyway. Another point seeing as I am on me soap box. If Mosses and his tribe were supposed to have been Gods choosen people why the foc did he not turn right when parted the RED Sea. If he had guess who would have had the oil??? :evil

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 December 2014, 02:11:59 pm »
Im sure I remember (dont I )some time ago that the price of petrol sort of went along with the price of a barrel or so it seemed for a time, so when it was £60 a barrel petrol was 60p a L £80 barrel -- £80p a L and so on.

There is no doubt that it gos up instantly but slowly comes down but never as down as it should so when it gos up again its already starting from a higher point.
Also when  it gos up over night why is this when the station has brought the fuel that is sitting in the tank at a lower price anyway, it should go up on their next fill up on the higher price they pay.   
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 December 2014, 03:59:28 pm »

One of the reasons the English should feel pissed off then, same thing in Wales free prescriptions and dental care, ah crap I am going to cause another row.  :pokefun

I get free prescriptions in England  :D

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 December 2014, 04:52:40 pm »

It costs me about £100 a years for inhalers, I can live with that,

I get free prescriptions in England  :D

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 17 December 2014, 04:57:04 pm »
Yea Nick but you are like me, a lot closer to having a chat with the big fella that does the admissions to Fazer Heaven. :pokefun

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 17 December 2014, 05:31:49 pm »
Yea Nick but you are like me, a lot closer to having a chat with the big fella that does the admissions to Fazer Heaven. :pokefun

Nah, I've got a way to go before then. I'm just special  :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 17 December 2014, 06:51:15 pm »
If OPEC are doing that , the Americains will be quite happy to cap there wells and buy cheap OPEC oil. At the end of the day the Americains and even the UK will still have their own Gas waiting to be fracked so the ragheads will lose out in the long run, foc em!!only a bunch of foccing sand dancers anyway. Another point seeing as I am on me soap box. If Mosses and his tribe were supposed to have been Gods choosen people why the foc did he not turn right when parted the RED Sea. If he had guess who would have had the oil??? :evil

err...not the most PC message there Lew :pokefun..............but I do agree with you on the point of the Americans probably still going along with their shale gas plans anyway...I mean the fact that temporarily they can get some cheap deals on traditional supplies is just a brucey bonus isn't it......I cant see how it has anything to do with OPEC doing it on purpose to stop the USA being self sufficient....if anything they can be less frantic about it and research further and develop better technology....we're talking global price drops and the US isn't the globe, just a small part of it. I stand by that it is a big foc u to Russia which has been getting too big for its boots......as much as most folks in western countries see their leaders as a bunch of fools....never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups :b
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 17 December 2014, 09:00:19 pm »
Admittedly America is not the Globe but the last time it sneezed the rest of the Globe/World caught one hell of a cold.

Not being politically correct what is wrong with the term sand dancers? could be referring to someone from South Shields.
To much of this crap going on Cannot say this, cannot do that, you might offend someone.
If it was not for folk from the west those middle eastern gentlemen would still be living in tents and burning Camel dung for fuel. :evil

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 17 December 2014, 09:06:18 pm »
Admittedly America is not the Globe but the last time it sneezed the rest of the Globe/World caught one hell of a cold.

Not being politically correct what is wrong with the term sand dancers? could be referring to someone from South Shields.
To much of this crap going on Cannot say this, cannot do that, you might offend someone.
If it was not for folk from the west those middle eastern gentlemen would still be living in tents and burning Camel dung for fuel. :evil

Fair play Lew.......they do a good curry in South Shields :)
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 17 December 2014, 10:30:48 pm »
We all know we need to stop using fossil fuels. So when the major economies like China , Korea,India, America take a major step in the reduction of there use maybe I will give a foc.
Scotland should set the example in being at the fore front of sending us back into the dark ages and stop all oil and gas production.

Well a few years ago it was stated that 20% of the worlds population are responsible for 80% of the world's energy consumption in one year.  We already have frightening levels of global warming as a result of our OTT energy consumption.  Now the 80% want to consume what we the 20% consume.

The problem with society is we moan about causing the death of the planet,

This is of course one of the major barriers to solving the problem.  Save the planet, when the planet does not need saved.   The language is incorrect, we need to save ourselves.

Mass unemployment VNA predicts, well man has always found a way out of that dilema. We are well overdue a major world conflict so problem solved. There is no unemployment during a world war. Just think as well if we survive, the building industry will pickup , the DIY shops will be doing a roaring trade.

Of course the biggest problem in the world is over population.  But for religious and cultural reasons we don't want to talk about that.  A growing population = growing consumption.

Start ploughing the fields using horses again, hand sowing seeds , stick a cork up a cows arse to cut down on green house gases, oh we could bottle that and use it for cooking with? still that would be using a green house gas, so we can't do that then.

Those who develop the renewable energy systems and efficiency measures that we require will be the economic titans of the new world economy.   The problems are solvable, it's just a matter of when we decide to tackle the issues, ie will we do it in time - I personally doubt it, but I'll probably be dead or dying by the time all hell breaks loose.

Let's hope you get a decent summer in the UK at least you will be able to enjoy some of the cheap deals that will be available up in Scotland as the economy will have gone into meltdown.

Our economy is the strongest in the UK, sadly we have decided to keep it tied to the failing UK economy........for just now anyway.  All welcome in Scotland, spend as much as you want :lol

Lew, you cannae toss bate about then get huffy with the response.

And do us a favour cut the racist crap eh?

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 17 December 2014, 10:47:45 pm »
As mentioned take a fecking happy pill for focsake.  :z or perhaps get a sense of humour, bait ? or bate whatever. 
« Last Edit: 17 December 2014, 10:49:56 pm by lew600fazer »

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 17 December 2014, 10:58:51 pm »
I'd have a giggle if you were funny Lew, but you ain't.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 17 December 2014, 11:02:47 pm »
There is no doubt that it gos up instantly but slowly comes down but never as down as it should so when it gos up again its already starting from a higher point.

Indeed, but that's cos some of the tax is by % and some of it is flat rate.  So yeah the last time it was 60 dollars a barrel petrol might well have been something like 70p a litre.

Papers are saying we should see a 99p litre soon though as the cheap stuff comes through.

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 December 2014, 07:59:44 am »
read this link www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.html looks as if it was November 2007 when Petrol went above £1.00 a litre.
As of March 2014 out of the 27 EU members Britain pays the highest tax on Diesel and the second highest on Petrol. Reckon if the price keeps falling Osborne might have a re-think on his proposed 3p?increase come the new year, he likely will use the low cost of fuel to push his increase even higher.
Oh and I see I have been told off by the oracle of the North to stop being racist.
This by a man who is a strong admirer of all things English. :finger

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 18 December 2014, 11:22:08 am »
I'm not usually bothered by 'political' elements in threads as the last time anyone mind was changed by logical discussion was about never, we seem to have a view then look for evidence to support it and I think we all fall into that trap.....

However the level of almost hate of  the English in some quarters during the recent Scottish referendum with demonstration outside BBC studios because they dared to ask Alex Salmond question he didn'tlike/couldn't anwer had some pretty nasty undertones and I don't see Nicola Sturgeon saying that oil will solve all of Scotlands problems at $60 a barrel (BBC talks about the oil industry in scotland having all investment programmes cancelled as $60 p barrel make them all uneconomic and will result in thousands of job losses) the silence from NS is deafening...... 

Now is the time (I'd have thought) for the pro unionists to reinforce their view that we are all better off together - I certainly think (along with many others both in Scotland and the rest of the Nation) that the UK is greater than the sum of its parts and I seem to have liked most of the Scots that I've met - even the drunk Rugby fans (Have to say I was almost as tanked as they were!)  I think of us all  as British citizens with individual HISTORICAL heritages.  We've achieved far more togeher than we could have separately ask Napoleon, Kaiser Wilhelm,  Hitler etc as well as looking at the map of the English speaking world...    Well that's me done hope i haven't upset too many people - not my intention

Merry Xmas to all of us in the UK and to all discerning Fazer riders everywhere around the world !! 
This is as young as you're ever going to be!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 18 December 2014, 09:16:46 pm »
However the level of almost hate of  the English in some quarters during the recent Scottish referendum with demonstration outside BBC studios because they dared to ask Alex Salmond question he didn'tlike/couldn't anwer had some pretty nasty undertones

You know the referendum campaign had been running for some two years in Scotland, without any protests of note outside the offices of the BBC or others.   The BBC is of course supposed to be (unlike the press) unbiased, and both BBC Scotland and STV worked hard to try and maintain impartiality. 

So the campaign rumbled on, largely unnoticed by the BBC down south and indeed much of the English press.  Naebody doon sooth was interestit. 

But then suddenly, it actually looked as if there was a chance, a real chance of a YES! vote.  In the closing weeks of campaign the BBC and other media outlets realised, that up until then unknown to them, that a referendum was actually taking place in Scotland on the future of the UK!  And that flaming eck, Scotland might just go her own way!

So yes the BBC despatched it's English correspondents to report on the events happening in that wee country in the North of the UK (Scotland) of which presumably they had heard of and read of in the biased English press.  Yup they made a right arse of it.   But there was worse.......

So the usually astute and intelligent Nick Robinson allowed himself to be used as a tool of the Westminster government.   He willingly posted a report on the BBC stating that Wee Eck refused to answer his question (repeatedly refused he told us), the BBC and Nick put together a brief clip depicting Alex refusing to answer a question, a question it turns out that Alex had already answered and indeed the BBC had already broadcast that answer.

So yes there was not only clear bias but also the dirtiest of dirty tricks. 

I didn't personally think the BBC protests were a great idea, but then it wasn't up to me or anybody else, tens of thousands of people across Scotland were absolutely raging at the BBC's coverage, not BBC Scotland but the clueless correspondents from London and their lying bosses who appeared to be taking orders from Westminster  .  So people gathered at the BBC and protested........and protested........

I myself buy The Independent Monday to Friday and Scottish papers at the weekend.  I got more and more pissed off at the Indy and it's clueless referendum  coverage, and in fact wrote a letter complaining about one journalists clueless and insulting commentary, and they then published my letter. 

In that letter I made the following point "xxxxxx  ponders if Alex Salmond is about to throw in the towel", a somewhat absurd suggestion to say the least, but putting aside the fact that Mr Salmond does not actually lead the YES Campaign (that's Blair Jenkins job), I would ask xxxx if she could tell us when Mr Salmond's counterpart, the Prime Minister of The United Kingdom, David Cameron, is going to get off the starting blocks in his defence of The Union.

In an e-mail exchange with the journalist, the journalist stated that they thought that Cameron had not and would not get involved because he was "too English"

Perhaps  here is a suggestion of racist Scots.    So I made the following point;

Oh, Cameron.  Yes he needs to keep his heid doon, I know.  Not because he's too English, as was not Tony Wedgwood Benn also rather English, somewhat posh and yet was always most warmly welcomed in Scotland.  David Cameron is not welcome in Scotland simply because he is a Tory.

Hey I still buy the Indy despite their abominable referendum coverage, though at least in today's edition their establishment commentator Andreas Whittam Smith makes the point that "The Scottish Referendum campaign was the practise of British democracy at it's best"

So lest be absolutely clear, the referendum campaign was about the future of Scotland, it's was about politics, it was about Scotland's political future, about a Scotland being continually dragged in a direction it does not want to go.  There was no English hatred, there is no English hatred and of course there is no evidence of English hatred in that whole campaign.   Oh and umm, not to mention that many of those whom I campaigned with were English born!

As for that Wee Eck and Nik Robinson moment, well watch and listen - make up your own mind;

×m

« Last Edit: 18 December 2014, 09:36:38 pm by VNA »

fazed

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 19 December 2014, 02:13:20 pm »
Hmmm....didn't mean to touch a raw nerve but ok I understand that a substantial MINORITY of the people of Scotland feel that they want separation of their part of the UK but in fairness the Celtic parts of the UK have far more autonomy than the Anglo Saxon bits already -  there is no English Parliament at all so perhaps we should  be looking at a Federal Uk with a shared head of state (unfortunately not elected - yet!) with a federal national assembly or parliament in an indissoluble union.  I always felt uncomfortable that only slightly over HALF of some 5 million or so out of 60 million could decide to end the UK as an entity and that doesn't particularly look like democracy at its best to me - perhaps the Devo Max option is a way ahead that could be good for everyone?.
In any I certainly value what Scotland and the Scots bring to the nation as a whole so I hope that Alex Salmonds ploy of having Scottish votes for English laws as a way of furthering the separatist agenda (as per todays concise i Independent seems to imply) doesn't set us one against another.  I think we've achieved so much together that to give it all away for a narrower perhaps more 'tribal' view of life serves no one well...

And I said I wasn't going to get drawn into debates as they seldom change views!! - so this is my last word on the subject as i've no wish to rub anyone up the wrong way or offend even unintentionally - its just that I value our nation as it is - but it could stand some change to make it even better! 

This is as young as you're ever going to be!

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 19 December 2014, 02:50:03 pm »
Hmmm....didn't mean to touch a raw nerve but ok I understand that a substantial MINORITY of the people of Scotland feel that they want separation of their part of the UK

No worries, I understand the point you make, but I feel it's based a dodgy agenda pushed by the anti-Scottish English press.  I don't think anybody can seriously find any meaningful evidence that there was a hated filled anti-English YES! campaign.

Yes a substantial minority that cannot be ignored, and a majority that are clearly dissatisfied making a further majority that are open in Scotland to the idea of another Indy referendum if Westminster does not deliver for Scotland.

but in fairness the Celtic parts of the UK have far more autonomy than the Anglo Saxon bits already -  there is no English Parliament at all so perhaps we should  be looking at a Federal Uk with a shared head of state (unfortunately not elected - yet!) with a federal national assembly or parliament in an indissoluble union.

David Cameron despite Alistair Darlings pleas not to (having done his job Alistair could now be pushed aside and ignored) within hours of the result being called turned  the Scottish Independence referendum into English votes for English laws.  Many of the majority who rejected Independence after that and of course more so following the publication of the Smith Report feel thoroughly conned.  Cameron played our referendum for cheap political points.

Devo max?  Westminster rejected the third option on the ballot paper, then against the rules of The Edinburgh Agreement reintroduced it in the closing stages of the referendum, only to withdraw it in the weeks post the referendum.

I think we've achieved so much together that to give it all away for a narrower perhaps more 'tribal' view of life serves no one well...

Indeed we have, but since 1979 we have spent decades throwing it away.  Nor is it tribal, YES is an inclusive civil justice movement, the only way we can achieve the society that we desire in Scotland is to leave the UK, unless that is there is revolutionary change in the rest of the UK, so Independence it's not a matter of if but when.  This is political not tribal or racial. 

And I said I wasn't going to get drawn into debates as they seldom change views!!

Of course debates change minds.  All we need to do is change another few % and it's gonna happen. 

so this is my last word on the subject as i've no wish to rub anyone up the wrong way or offend even unintentionally

No offence taken.  I think we had a fantastic referendum, the vast majority of people in Scotland engaged in the process, and despite the wild predictions of the English press (boy did they do their best to stirr it up) there was no racism, no trouble and no violence - with the exception of course of the certain loyalist thugs the day after the result. 

lew600fazer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 19 December 2014, 03:04:36 pm »
Okay I brought this on myself,

But what has happened to the original debate about the price of petrol???

Would certainly hurt an independent Scotland.

Last thing I want to see is folk being put out of work.