PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
Seats
« on: 17 October 2011, 12:23:57 pm »
The seam is bursting on the front of my '04 gen 1 and while black gaffer tape works, it really lets the look of the bike down.  I found this crowd on ebay. Has anybody heard of them, or used them? http://www.topsellerie.com/@EN-FR/YAMAHA-FAZER-1000-FZS-seats-petrol-tank-covers-tank-bags-motorbike_8_210.html

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
Re: Seats
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2011, 12:47:51 pm »
i know a fair few ppl have used this guy before, ignore the 70's look of his web site lol his work as A1 and can do pretty much anything you could want with a seat.

http://www.diggerseats.co.uk/

jeffco

• Weekend Warrior
  • To old for it to be a midlife crisis
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2011, 07:35:56 pm »
The seam is bursting on the front of my '04 gen 1 and while black gaffer tape works, it really lets the look of the bike down.  I found this crowd on ebay. Has anybody heard of them, or used them? http://www.topsellerie.com/@EN-FR/YAMAHA-FAZER-1000-FZS-seats-petrol-tank-covers-tank-bags-motorbike_8_210.html
Hi Paul I dont know where your based but ive just put my 04 seat in with a guy in Huddersfield called Tony Archer,hes doing me a Corbin style seat inc new foam and recovering and his prices seem very reasonable,He has a website,maybe give him a call and discuss it.Hes a really nice guy,which always helps.Im picking my seat up next Saturday if you want ill post some pics and details when i get it.

nettshubby

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2011, 08:19:09 pm »
Address, web site URL?

Ray.

DryRob

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - SV650s
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2011, 08:52:21 pm »
Seconded, Tony's a top bloke. He's in Huddersfield near the Galpharm/McAlpine Stadium:

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/
thou shalt not kick

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19 October 2011, 10:13:13 am »

These all would be more informative if a ball park price was included.    I contacted on seat refurbisher,  and he got the wrong end of the stick when I asked for a quote on a basic hard wearing with gel and piping,  and he suggested I go elsewhere !    Wrote back and explained I was serious, as I find the regular seat is too wide,  and hurts my upper thigh/groin area.    I was looking for an alternative rather than removing the staples,  and taking a saw to it!
Head Focced

jeffco

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2011, 12:43:56 pm »
Ive just picked up my seat from Tony Archer in Huddersfield, I asked him to do it on the lines of a Corbin seat with a more raised front section  than the norm seat.I didnt want gel pads so he replaced the foam,recovered it in basketweave pattern vinyl  with grey piping to suit my bike all done for £60. until I get out for a few hours I wont know how much better the comfort is but it was worth £60 to have a seat looking so much better.Propper old school craftsmanship,a first rate job.I will post some pics soon as I get the time :)

jeffco

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 October 2011, 10:24:39 am »
Ive posted some pictures on todays homepage ;)

fazerboy1969

• DAS Born Again
  • shabba!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2011, 05:36:27 pm »
Tony is a top guy..talks the legs off a donkey but good at his job
Loads of bikes owned...but my fazer 600 and thou were and are the best ive owned

The Male Whale

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1300 Pan European/ZZR 1400
    • View Profile
    • Celtic Motorcycles
« Reply #9 on: 13 November 2011, 08:23:58 am »
Digger in Newport gets my vote. Great work at a reasonable price. Nuff said.
On the Gas! :stop

mickdel

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 November 2011, 12:51:10 pm »
Ive just picked up my seat from Tony Archer in Huddersfield, I asked him to do it on the lines of a Corbin seat with a more raised front section  than the norm seat.I didnt want gel pads so he replaced the foam,recovered it in basketweave pattern vinyl  with grey piping to suit my bike all done for £60. until I get out for a few hours I wont know how much better the comfort is but it was worth £60 to have a seat looking so much better.Propper old school craftsmanship,a first rate job.I will post some pics soon as I get the time :)
That's a fantastic price jeff.   
Male Whale - how much does your guy charge for what you had done?

mick
Head Focced

The Male Whale

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 1300 Pan European/ZZR 1400
    • View Profile
    • Celtic Motorcycles
« Reply #11 on: 14 November 2011, 06:58:19 am »
Had mine beefed up at the front to shift me back a little (made the bike easier to wheely as a surprise free benefit!), reprofiled slightly (also dished out the pillion area a little which, I am told, helps the unlucky passenger....) and recovered. I believe it came to £70 all in which I considered great value.

I think he does gel pads etc - best to ring him (mobile, he rarely answers the land line or e mails - too busy!) for a quote.
On the Gas! :stop

crishner

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14 November 2011, 07:43:00 am »
Seconded, Tony's a top bloke. He's in Huddersfield near the Galpharm/McAlpine Stadium:

http://www.tonyarcher.co.uk/

I was just going to suggest tony archer as alot of the people on the fj forum use him
expectation is the foundation of disappointment if you can be happy with nothing then serenaty is yours