Date: 27-05-24  Time: 15:44 pm

Author Topic: What do you wear when riding  (Read 5213 times)

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
Re: What do you wear when riding
« Reply #25 on: 13 September 2016, 06:47:49 pm »
If I'm popping down the town and it's warm shorts and a t-shirt is fine.  It pisses me off I've got to put a helmet on.

I don't go any faster than I would if I was on my push bike and I don't have to wear a helmet when on my push bike.

So why should I have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle.

:rolleyes  Ever come off your bike at anything above 15mph?

misterjayb1

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13 September 2016, 08:39:46 pm »
If I'm popping down the town and it's warm shorts and a t-shirt is fine.  It pisses me off I've got to put a helmet on.

I don't go any faster than I would if I was on my push bike and I don't have to wear a helmet when on my push bike.

So why should I have to wear a helmet on my motorcycle.

I came off my mountain bike not so long back around 25mph.... No helmet etc.. Its the way we rolled in the 70's  :)
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...

Dudeofrude

• GP Hero
  • Rude, Crude and Tattooed
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13 September 2016, 09:05:32 pm »
In the summer I wear short bike boots, kevlar jeans, either mesh textile or leather jacket (depending on weather), short vented gloves and my Shark speed R. In winter waterproof bike boots,  kevlar jeans,  RST Tundra, various different waterproof gloves,  and a Caberg Duke.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13 September 2016, 09:39:36 pm »

I take it when you ride you bicycle you put your leathers and body armour on along with your full face helmet. :lol   

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 14 September 2016, 12:22:54 pm »
It's not the speed you travel at which is the issue, it's usually other road users that'll get you.
Anyway, I'm not preaching because in all honesty I don't really care what other people wear, unless you're one of my mates.

Look at this convulsing vegetable, not really the look you want to be going for...  :eek
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=752_1473738018
Sorry it's a bit graphic, you can skip the first half of the video.
« Last Edit: 14 September 2016, 12:24:53 pm by Bretty »
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

Bretty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 14 September 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
Liveleak is great for searching 'motorbike accidents'. You can watch people getting roadrash and their legs coming off, and peoples heads exploding. Very sick but also sobering and I believe will make you a better rider if you can learn from other peoples mistakes.

Take care,
-suck-squeeze-bang-blow-

JOE

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 14 September 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

know what you mean, love riding without a helmet.  Hate wearing full gear (unless the weather's sh1te) - have come off at high speed without gear - hurt a bit but not enough for me to worry about it.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 14 September 2016, 06:10:08 pm »
In the early 60's crash helmets weren't compulsory, so my first crash resulted in a fractured skull, and a clutch lever through the knee(no ball ended levers then) .Needless to say a lesson learnt, although I understand the temptation when it's hot to leave a heavy jacket and trousers at home. At the end of the day, we all know the risks.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 14 September 2016, 09:09:54 pm »
know what you mean, love riding without a helmet.  Hate wearing full gear (unless the weather's sh1te) - have come off at high speed without gear - hurt a bit but not enough for me to worry about it.

I know what you mean, it's cool riding proper wind in your hair style.

But the thing I hate is the hassel of sticking a ruddy great big crash hat on just to pop doon the toon.  If it wasn't the bleedin law and some young tube of a police person is guranteed to pull me, well I just wouldn't bother wi the hat.

On the other hadn if I'm out for the day I wear my made to measure leather Scott jacket and troosers (all black, no big silly logos and nae knee slider bollocks) and ma full face hat.

If it's warm and I'm oot fae a run, jacket and kevlar jeans, though the kevlar jeans are pretty useless as the fit is so loose to be honest, but at least they are hard wearing.

You know it's been suggested that road traffic accidents could be drastically reduced by removing the drivers seat belt and fitting all cars and vans etc with a six inch carbon steel spike.   

taylor

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 14 September 2016, 09:13:39 pm »
a green mankini, with a cock hole.
sent from my carafan in tenby, ;)

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15 September 2016, 01:01:24 pm »
Probably most of us, me included, do not wear all the right gear on short hops to the shops etc but statistics show that two thirds of accidents happen within 5 miles of home and one third within one mile of home. Be careful out there.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20 September 2016, 07:38:07 pm »
clutch lever through the knee(no ball ended levers then)
Thats what has always put me off from those after market alloy pegs that just look like serrated spikes
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.