Date: 27-04-24  Time: 06:57 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 666956 times)

steve 10562cc

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - KAWASAKI Z1000
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat"
« Reply #2675 on: 01 November 2018, 07:54:57 pm »
I know where the border should go right where the Romans built a long wall badly not high enough or focing sound proof. then we would have to read/listen the clap trap coming from the other side of it

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: 01 November 2018, 08:14:36 pm »
I know where the border should go right where the Romans built a long wall badly not high enough or focing sound proof. then we would have to read/listen the clap trap coming from the other side of it

:lol   :thumbup

Quote from: VNA
more piff and drivel

You continue to demonstrate why politicians are a despised class: "I know what's good for you"  :rolleyes
You know no better than the next man.

Just to take one point, where you say about Brexit pulling us out of security cooperation. How come we can work just fine with the security services of Australia, Canada, the US, when it's mutually beneficial? Once again, it's politicians, people with minds like your own, who prevent these things from happening.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: 01 November 2018, 08:57:42 pm »
I know where the border should go right where the Romans built a long wall badly not high enough or focing sound proof. then we would have to read/listen the clap trap coming from the other side of it[/quote]
[size=78%]Hadrian's Wall was built across Northumberland. You've just lost most of Newcastle and some of Carlisle, not to mention Berwick. That may or may not have been your intention. [/size] :eek

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: 01 November 2018, 09:00:01 pm »
Quote from: VNA

more piff and drivel

Did I say piff and drivel? 

You know no better than the next man.

No but I think you are just trying to insult and bait me rather than address my main points.

How come we can work just fine with the security services of Australia, Canada, the US, when it's mutually beneficial?

There is a difference between working separately and choosing what to share, and more to the point what not to share, and indeed choosing who else you might share or not share with, than a co-ordinated operation with shared data between all members.  It’s a big difference.

I don't think the EU cares whether NI is in the Customs Union or not. What they are saying is that Eire definitely is, so if UK is leaving the Customs Union, then there has to be a border somewhere. Either an Irish Border, or a GB border. It's totally our problem, and Theresa and Co say neither is OK in the long term (short term backstop is a smokescreen).
I think we will leave the EU, but will join the Customs Union and the Single Market. Just like Norway and Switzerland. We'll get some concessions on how much we pay and what rules we take.
So what's the point? It will please neither side of the voting halves. I'd rather be in the tent pissing out, rather outside pissing into the wind  :)

Yeah I think the EU cares first about it's members.  LEAVE told us that the EU needs us more than we need them.  That myth has been busted.  At the end of the day they would like us in, but if we wanna leave, well then their attitude is - you know where the door is...............

So I think mtread sums it all up quite nocely.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: 01 November 2018, 09:01:18 pm »
Hadrian's Wall was built across Northumberland. You've just lost most of Newcastle and some of Carlisle, not to mention Berwick. That may or may not have been your intention.
Well it did used to be ours.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2680 on: 01 November 2018, 09:10:46 pm »

Did I say piff and drivel?

Yes, here:

There is a difference between working separately and choosing what to share, and more to the point what not to share, and indeed choosing who else you might share or not share with, than a co-ordinated operation with shared data between all members.  It’s a big difference.

:rollin

Yeah I think the EU cares first about it's members.

No. The EU cares about the political construct of the EU. It cares nothing for member states, or worse still, for the people of Europe. Greece, again.
« Last Edit: 01 November 2018, 09:11:33 pm by Hedgetrimmer »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: 01 November 2018, 09:14:19 pm »
Hadrian's Wall
Well it did used to be ours.

It used to be Hadrian's. That's why they call it Hadrian's Wall  :lol

Billy Balthorpe

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - 2 X 1987 fzr1000's, VN800
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: 01 November 2018, 10:06:28 pm »

What a surprise! This thread has been hi jacked again by political verbal masturbation.

I'll be back when this has all died down.

If you want to show how much you remember from your crap grade A level Politics exam, start your own thread and leave this formerly interesting thread alone.

Please?

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: 01 November 2018, 11:16:07 pm »
It used to be Hadrian's. That's why they call it Hadrian's Wall 

Depends which side the fence panels face. Or so I'm told

Dynspud

• Club Racer
  • Rattle your goddamn head!!
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - HD Dyna Wide Glide Evo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: 02 November 2018, 08:21:00 am »
Well said Billy.
Please feel free, everyone, to start a separate Brexit thread where anyone can go if they feel the need to.
It is a very emotive subject and deserves its own discussion.
Take a deep breath, coz it all starts now, when you pull the foccin' pin

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: 02 November 2018, 08:33:36 am »
Radio DJ's who love the sound of their own voice so much that they fade records out barely half way through in order to continue prattling on again :z

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: 02 November 2018, 11:52:43 am »
Radio DJ's who love the sound of their own voice so much that they fade records out barely half way through in order to continue prattling on again :z

You mean like that twat Dave Berry who took over from Johnny Vaughan at Capitol Radio a few years back. Berry has the most annoying voice ever whilst I used to piss myself at Vaughan. Dave Berry now at Absolute radio so says it all - and glad that Johnny Vaughan walked the day he was told Berry was taking over.
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: 02 November 2018, 01:01:27 pm »
Why, are you still recording the latest hits from the radio onto your cassette player?  :(

darrsi

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: 02 November 2018, 01:39:24 pm »

You mean like that twat Dave Berry who took over from Johnny Vaughan at Capitol Radio a few years back. Berry has the most annoying voice ever whilst I used to piss myself at Vaughan. Dave Berry now at Absolute radio so says it all - and glad that Johnny Vaughan walked the day he was told Berry was taking over.

I have Absolute on at work, he is rather annoying.
More people are born because of alcohol than will ever die from it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: 02 November 2018, 03:22:14 pm »
Why, are you still recording the latest hits from the radio onto your cassette player?  :(
Pressing Rec and Play at the same time, those were the days
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: 02 November 2018, 03:37:48 pm »

How can I live without that?!  :'(

It's the little things  :lol

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: 02 November 2018, 04:24:56 pm »

:lol :lol  Trying to time it right before they started talking...then rewind, play, hold record and hope you catch the next one in time lol

Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: 02 November 2018, 05:01:16 pm »
it's the different lengths of lead in tape that used to piss the foc off me, BASF one length, Maxell another, TDK, Sony and Philips, all different lead in times.......................................................... :eek :thumbdown :2guns :grumble   

Miss the first 4 seconds of Buddy Holy and the Crickets and Shaking Stevens soooooooo many times

« Last Edit: 02 November 2018, 05:03:14 pm by tommyardin »

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: 02 November 2018, 05:15:29 pm »
When  one side of a C90 didn't match an album length, used to annoy me. For years, I never heard the last couple of minutes of Rory Gallagher's Bullfrog Blues from Live In Europe  :grumble

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: 02 November 2018, 05:22:55 pm »
it's the different lengths of lead in tape that used to piss the foc off me, BASF one length, Maxell another, TDK, Sony and Philips, all different lead in times.......................................................... :eek :thumbdown :2guns :grumble   

Miss the first 4 seconds of Buddy Holy and the Crickets and Shaking Stevens soooooooo many times

Buddy Holly, must have been reel to reel, very posh. I had to rely on the local caffs jukebox, great days though.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: 02 November 2018, 05:32:54 pm »

Buddy Holly, must have been reel to reel, very posh. I had to rely on the local caffs jukebox, great days though.
I a normal cassette I used to twist a pencil in to wind it past the lead tape before I put it in the machine 
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: 02 November 2018, 05:43:22 pm »

I a normal cassette I used to twist a pencil in to wind it past the lead tape before I put it in the machine

That's cos you are a cleaver foccer Sharpie

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: 02 November 2018, 05:47:04 pm »
Here is something you whipper Snappers might not know Shane Fenton was later know as Alvin Stardust, but my fav was still Marty Wilde :rollin :rollin :rollin

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: 02 November 2018, 06:03:15 pm »

What's that then?. Some new fangled version of the wireless or gramaphone or summat?? :o

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: 02 November 2018, 06:09:36 pm »
That's cos you are a cleaver foccer Sharpie
Aye, takes a few brain cells tae figure that one oot - eh?   :rollin :rollin