Date: 28-05-24  Time: 06:54 am

Author Topic: STREETFAZER!!!!  (Read 766 times)

james1994km

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
STREETFAZER!!!!
« on: 28 May 2019, 04:26:01 pm »
Hello guys!!!!

I'm pretty new here and I've recently bought a Fazer. I'm really keen to take the front fairing off and put duel round headlight in the front and possibly change the speedo as it is a bit too big and bulky for me. I would like to know if other people have done this and how easy they found it? I have next to no experience with electronics but I've stumbled across a wiring diagram I think I can understand.

What speedo's and headlights have people changed to and how much work was it?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, I look forward to seeing your responses.

Thanks!
Fazer 600 2002

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: STREETFAZER!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2019, 12:21:42 am »
Welcome to the madhouse James! Why not introduce yourself here and stick up a pic or two of you fazer for us all to have a look at-

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/board,5.0.html

Plenty of people have gone down the naked route with the fazer so lots of help and ideas for you. KOSO seems to be the brand of choice when it comes to gauges. Nothing says streetfighter more than a set of twin dominator headlights. However, I've seen more candle power coming off a pair of kids light up trainers, so their not to everyone liking.  :) 
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

74eldiablo

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2019, 07:33:53 am »
Talk about hijacking someones thread subject name I KNOW I STOLE IT I'LL JUST PUT IT IN CAPITALS AND ADD SOME !!!!
:lol :lol :lol

Look to see what im doing it might give you some ideas
« Last Edit: 29 May 2019, 08:49:33 pm by 74eldiablo »

Disorderlypunk

• WSB Pack Hound
  • riding till i die (or breakdown)
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - fazer stolen - gsx1100 rebuild
    • View Profile
    • disorderly punks motovlog
« Reply #3 on: 29 May 2019, 10:15:26 am »
i used a cheap koso knock off and was ok untill i got stuck out in some rain and it started failing (should have waterproofed it)
i used some dominators and ended up adding a couple of relays to run brighter bulbs (osram night breakers)
NEVER NEVER try and polish the interiors of dominators it isnt chrome its a wierd thing that metal polish removes

and if you try going through the pod filter route expect nothing but hassle it took ages to get the jetting sorted and even then i always wanted to get it on a dyno to make sure it was right or make a custom air box for a k+n panel filter like 'Major Fazer' by Bad Winners