Date: 01-05-24  Time: 07:06 am

Author Topic: Isle of man tt  (Read 2024 times)

fazersteve1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Isle of man tt
« on: 04 May 2016, 09:22:47 pm »
Thought I let any of you TT fans know that's its still possible to get there during practice week, i think this year will be my 20th visit to the island but i will only go to the practise week as think its just as good as there a lot more room on the roads(its still busy) and the 10miles of mountain road is still one way so its nice to get there during practice week before the mountain circuit become a race track! if you return before or on Thursday 2nd june you save yourself around £100,a hour ago you could go on the 27th/28th May returning on Thursday 2nd June £109 bike+ rider, cheers Steve

jerbear

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of man tt
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2016, 10:30:29 pm »
Wedding anniversary on the 27th, don't think the other half be to amused.
Sounds good value attract though.
Tenting or accommodation for you?

fazersteve1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2016, 05:56:37 am »
Hi jerbear,it's self catering for us as we like the extra space with a sofa to put your feet up etc,this year it's cost £390 to rent Meadowside which is a 2 bedroom house in Port Erin for the week so happy to pay those sort of prices,not sure yet but this year maybe our lastTT as we were so impressed when we went to the Classic/Manx races 2 years ago that maybe that's the one to go to! this year were doing both of them so we're have to drag ourselves back in August,think I be able to cope with it ha,cheers Steve

teecee90

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2016, 07:25:55 pm »
This year will be my first TT. Doing part practice week and part race week. Any tips about where to watch from or other useful info?
FZS 1000 Gen1 (2003)
Tiger 900 GT Pro (2020)

fazersteve1000

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2016, 09:14:48 pm »
Hi teecee,i think your be drawn to the grandstand as your 1st venture out on the island where you be able to walk round the pits to see the bikes as well as seeing all the TT riders,the road behind the pits is called  Glencrutchery road where the start line is,one place
i do like to go is 350 yrs past the pits just before St  ninians crossroads which is the start of the 180 mph Bray Hill section! Kirk Michael is also a must to see,you will get a good idea when you ride the circuit of a daytime where you like to go to watch the practice/racing,also if you up the north of the island pop into Jurby airfield where the riders go to check there bikes out,i think you will miss it this year but if you go again for the full practice wk they have classic racing on the Billown road circuit down in Castle town from 27th-30th May this year(think its called the Pre TT Classic,cheers Steve

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2016, 08:29:03 am »
Parliament Square is a good spot and the bonus is that beer is very close by.  :lol

paulkemp

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2016, 04:53:56 pm »
I just love being somewhere on the mountain if the sun is shining .
200mph 12 inches away from where I'm perched on an embankment

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2016, 05:12:15 pm »
We always go to Quarter Bridge. Fast bend with superb viewing, pub right behind you, camping opposite in Douglas Rugby Club and only a 15 minute walk to Douglas Town Centre for the evening's entertainment.
I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2016, 08:39:26 pm »
If you're staying near Peel, then Kirkmichael is a good shout. The Mountain is always good but of course, once you're up there...you're up there. There's just so many great vantage points that you just have to keep going back to view from them all. Sadly I've only been twice as finances haven't been able to stretch to any more.
Enjoy.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24 May 2016, 08:58:39 am »
If you're staying near Peel, then Kirkmichael is a good shout. The Mountain is always good but of course, once you're up there...you're up there. There's just so many great vantage points that you just have to keep going back to view from them all. Sadly I've only been twice as finances haven't been able to stretch to any more.
Enjoy.

I been fortunate enough to have made it 4 times since 2010. I love the practice week before racing officially starts you get some really fast laps as guys are trying their best to be in with a shout.
I did the classics one year and really enjoyed that, but, the TT race week is the best.

Just before you start to drop down Bray Hill by the cross road/ Garage there is a Church opposite and the rector is more than happy for bikers to go into the church yard and view the track over the 4 foot high perimeter wall, you are then a couple of feet from the edge of the track looking right towards the grandstands and left over the crossroads down Bray Hill. And the lovely old ducks in the church will make you a cup of tea or coffee.  :kiss

Rob R

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - 2009 FZ1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 May 2016, 09:12:02 pm »
Hi teecee.
Just love the Gooseneck, Waterworks, the Creg (just beyond the bend on the way to Hillberry). Very disappointed last year to find the hotel/pub closed at Glen Helen.
Have a safe TT & enjoy yourself.