• Cartographic Pickpocketing Foccer
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • - FZS 600 02-03
    • View Profile
Helmet
« on: 08 July 2012, 10:16:26 am »
Hi peeps, been looking at new lids and keep going to the Shoei 1100xr. Can anyone on here who owns one or has owned one give me the lowdown on the good and bad points on these helmets please.

Thanks in advance

Russ
Better to stand and look a fool than speak and prove it !
If it aint broke, I'll fix it till it is !!

FuZzBoM

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Helmet
« Reply #1 on: 08 July 2012, 11:43:11 am »
I have this model XR1100 http://www.bikers13.hu/images/termekek/shoei-xr1100-conquista-tc5.jpg

it is very comfy. i used it on a 1200 mile trek around Ireland in May and had no problems.
I have a FZS 1000 gen1 with standard screen and find very little buffeting even though i am fairly tall at 6'3. some wind noise but then i doubt it will ever be fully eliminated. i generally wear ear pugs unless its a quick ride somewhere. Even at (ahem) high speeds i cant fault it.
with pinlocks in it never mists up even when i was out in February and it was -1c out on the road the day after it snowed round this way.
I have the chin skirt fitted and purchased the nose cone. not sure it is really needed with the pin locks but i like them and was only £10.

Without doubt the best lid i have ever had.. my only complaint is i find the visor lifts slightly when i look behind me at national speed limit speeds.
this causes a little whistle but as soon as you put your head back facing forwards the whistle goes. local shoei dealer said it could be adjusted to stop it doing that but i haven't had the chance to take a look.

they are expensive i know but i don't regret it.
Lord,
Grant me the WD-40 to move those things that are stuck, the Duck tape to fasten those things that are loose, And the wisdom to know the difference.
Amen

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2012, 07:53:58 pm »
I have the shoei qwest, i belive it uses the same shell as the 1100xr
I have the chin skirt but not got the cone yet. also have the pin lock and would never have another helm without it. the 1 downside i have found is the shape of the visor dose not shift rain very well, not to bad if realy heavy rain but with light to med rain fall it dosent seem to clear very well. going to try some of the rain off stuff at some point and see how that helps.
other than that i cant fault it and would gladly have another.

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2012, 08:17:02 pm »
i have had mine for 3 years now and it is still as good as new,reasonably quiet and very comfy.

donkey93

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2012, 08:41:35 pm »
I have the shoei qwest, i belive it uses the same shell as the 1100xr

its not the same shell but they do share some parts cheek pads, chin curtain, breath guard and visor

ghostbiker

• Muck Spreader
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - GSX600F Katana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 July 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
Ahh I stand corrected
I knew it had a link LOL