Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > FZS600 Fazer

Which footpeg lowering kit is best, MFW, LSL or summat else ?

(1/2) > >>

PureBob:
Hey folks
I'm older than god and have a gammy-ish right leg. The fazer is NEARLY perfect for me but I need a CM or two between arse and foot to make it perfect for me.
On these brill forums theres a fair bit of traffic regarding adjusters for pegs, but no real experience of fitting them and using them.

If you have used either could you give me your view please ?  I really cant be arsed with spending a ton on a kit thats not right, and having to spend another ton on a different one.

Thanks

unfazed:
I would raise the seat rather than lower the footpegs.
When I badly damaged my Leg in 2002 I mounted a foot rest on the engine bar to allow me rest it when I was not using it.

PureBob:
I had all kinds of problems, and wasted a lot of cash trying to mod the ergonomics on my W800, and still ended up binning the bike. I'm going to try lowing the pegs a bit first I think. I have seen one or two good opinions of doing it, I must admit, as well as some crap ones.

BBROWN1664:
The problem with lower pegs is that they will hit the deck earlier, mine hit the deck on roundabouts as it is.

PureBob:
I was watching a youtube video where a set of lowering hinges were fitted with measurements before and after. Ground clearance is improved after fitting in his case, even without the foot long hero blobs on the originals.

Also, my scratching days are over. Lots of comfy miles with a bag of clean socks strapped to the back is my jam these days :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version