Bikes, Hints'n'Tips > Events, Meets, Ride outs etc

Yamaha Day at The Ace 23/05/21

(1/7) > >>

robbo:
Just a heads up for anyone in striking distance of The Ace Cafe, it’s Yamaha Day on the 23rd of this month.

Gnasher:
Sounds like a plan.   ;)   

Back in the day, members from the SE used to meet at the ACE weekly at one point, great times albeit what 20 odd years ago  :eek

red98:
had to check GNASHER`S dates there...reopened in 1994 cant believe it was that long ago,was there on the opening day but cant remember what bike i was on...anyone remember the other ACE CAFE on the A40 just west of the hoover building ? can remember going on Friday nights in 1981 on a brand new suzuki X7...remember coming home past RAF Northolt on the A40 the low street lights made it feel you were going a lot faster than you were and of course no speed camera`s back then so it was flat out all the way home...happy days

b1k3rdude:
As it s local'ish I will be going, Im just taking a ride down there now for lunch to confirm.

robbo:
I was at the Ace Reunion in 1994 which was to commemorate 25 years of it being shut. It was still Just Tyres then, but Mark got to use the venue for the weekend. He used to come round with a collecting bucket to help fund returning the site to a cafe, on various Rocker runs, that had been in place years before he came on the scene. Credit to him for getting his dream off the ground. Must be well minted now as there's Ace franchises all over the world now. Wouldn't think he used to be Old Bill.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version