Date: 01-05-24  Time: 10:00 am

Author Topic: woot woot.....................MT10 alert  (Read 9172 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: woot woot.....................MT10 alert
« Reply #25 on: 19 November 2015, 10:35:14 pm »
Don't panic Noggy, I was only joking!  I even consider hipsters on Ducati Scramblers real bikers. And scooter riders for that matter. For me it's two wheels that make you a biker and it doesn't matter if you're on a Goldwing or a Melody. Mind, Harley riders... well, they're something else entirely. I'm not even sure they're from this planet. JOKE! Before someone misses the tongue in cheek.

I just made the colossal mistake of moving out of London when the prices went up and now I live 60 miles out and can't afford to move back so I either take the train (4500 per YEAR to stand) or use the bike. Which I'd have anyway.

I like the helicopter idea. I bet it's cheaper than Midland Mainline's season ticket....

Sorry mate........its just that i had only done 34, 499 miles last year and was feeling a bit shit about not making the mark but my mangina just couldnt take the stress :lol

You should move to wales and get a job a in a vegetable packing factory and probably still end up with a better work/life balance :D
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

MrGimly

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 November 2015, 10:42:51 pm »
Thats the nicest looking bike I,ve seen from Yamaha in a long time especially since it,s a naked.

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 November 2015, 05:30:03 am »
I think it is a horrible bitsa looking thing, it looks unfinished especially around the radiator oil cooler area. Look a a BMW S100R or V4 Tuono to see how it should be done.

After seeing spy shots of the new KTM GT they have now announced it is being released.

I would like a test ride but this ticks all the boxes for me.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/ktm-officially-unveils-1290-super-duke-gt/28450.html

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 November 2015, 08:31:17 pm »
Oh God yes. That is going to be awesome. But I can't deal with the clattering about on big V twins in town. I need the smoothness of a four, they're much more forgiving and useable, which is why the Gen 1 is such a great bike. 20mph to 160 in top, no problems at all.

Didier9

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 21 November 2015, 04:29:54 pm »
Looks like the cat took the spot normally reserved for the center stand. Not sure if there is going to be enough room or attach point for an aftermarket one.
That would suck.
Otherwise, I kinda like the Transformer look. I am sure I would get used to it. The bike does look awesome. Hopefully it will be a proper successor to the 1st gen we all love.

Kenvis Repesco

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - YAMAHA TRX850
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 21 November 2015, 05:55:04 pm »
Not my cup of dargeeling...its seems bike manufacturers are running out of ideas and just trying cobble together anything as long as its different to last years offering. For me they are straying to far away from the original idea of what a good looking bike was. I love the look of my Fazer to me a lot of the appeal is opening the garage standing back and just standing there loving what you see. I didn't/ don't like the look of the FZ1 but its probably a really good bike but I am just saying aesthetics for me play a big part in buying a bike. I couldn't live with that fairing the whole bike looks like its been designed by four different designers each one having a completely different idea of how a bike should look. Maybe its because I grew up on a staple diet of RD's, Zeds, GSX's and LC's to me they were all beautiful looking bikes...but that not for me ta.

Cellarman

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 21 November 2015, 07:37:06 pm »
I quiet like the look of it apart from the front end, for me a bike with all that power needs a proper nose cone & screen, I wonder if they will do a faired or part faired version???

Falcon 269

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Yamaha R1 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2015, 11:39:59 am »
To me it looks like Johnny Five at the front.  A pukka half-faired version with a few litres more fuel and it might be a better bike.  But a Gen 1 for the new age?  Ha-ha!

Oh, and it's about time that bike horns moved on from the silly little tinny circular things we've had for decades.  It probably has Lucas stamped on the back. ;)

Tmation

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2015, 01:47:09 pm »
Oh, and it's about time that bike horns moved on from the silly little tinny circular things we've had for decades.  It probably has Lucas stamped on the back. ;)

Just be thankful we don't have to put up with the Prince of Darkness headlights and 7" thumbs anymore.  :lol [size=78%] [/size]

PaulSmith

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 November 2015, 10:04:39 am »
Just be thankful we don't have to put up with the Prince of Darkness headlights...
Have you tried any of the recent Kawasaki's? The Z1000sx and Versys both stand out for have really useless lights.

bobdog

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - mt09 tracer slr650
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 25 November 2015, 05:54:22 pm »
like it ! but at 6 2 its gonna be too small for me  :(

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 November 2015, 07:48:10 pm »
I just had a sit on one at the NEC. The riding position feels exactly the same as the Gen 1 save for slightly less leg room. Still no prices, but I'm buzzing ...

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 02 December 2015, 12:30:26 am »
Tell you what,won't there be some FZ1's at the right money ? I think you'll get a new one for around £ 6500/7000.You could put all kinds of goodies on it,Gillies rearsets,acropovic can,trick levers,etc for another grand,what a tool that would make for the money! Is the MT10 worth upwards of £3000 more?
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.

DekF

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Fast as fck s1r
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02 December 2015, 12:00:38 pm »
You can trick the FZ1 as much as you like. It'll still not be as fast, handle as well, or have traction control, slipper clutch, etc., etc.,. The MT10, like the rest of the top nakeds, is leap years ahead. The FZ1 is a 10 yearold design & looks it. If I didn't have an s1r I'd be on this like a shot. It'll be a hoot to ride.

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 02 December 2015, 05:39:16 pm »
A proper flat barred R1, we've been needing one for years!
Got fed up of waiting and built my own a couple of times.

Best bikes ever!
Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02 December 2015, 10:51:37 pm »
Tell you what,won't there be some FZ1's at the right money ? I think you'll get a new one for around £ 6500/7000.You could put all kinds of goodies on it,Gillies rearsets,acropovic can,trick levers,etc for another grand,what a tool that would make for the money! Is the MT10 worth upwards of £3000 more?

Ah, the age old question of value versus desirability. Yes, a heavily modded FZ1 would be a weapon, but you'd be putting money into a bike that will be less desirable in 3 years time. Is it worth it? I dunno, the Gen 1 was worth modding because it was (and still is!) such characterful and usable bike, but the FZ1, not so much. Simon Hargrieves built a very rapid Fazer and PB featured another naked FZ1 which was excellent, but I think it'd only be worth doing the same to a bargain second hand FZ1, not a new one.

The MT-10 brings Yamaha's street bike bang up to date to compete head on with the BMW S1000R and Tuono V4 and there's a lot of value in that.... as Dek with the S1R suggests.

It was also interesting to compare the Tuono to the MT. The MT's design, fit and finish is incredibly precise. Just looking at the routing of pipes for the oil cooler, water pump and so on - the clearances between them and the engine is half a centimetre whereas on the Tuono it's more like one centimetre. It's so compact every item looks almost like a it should be on life size Tamiya model.

And it has obviously been designed to be accessorised to death. The tiny guard for the clocks is held on with four big fasteners so that's going to be dead easy for aftermarket guys to create screens for, and the rear end is the same. Four screws and the numberplate hanger gets swapped out for a rack or a better looking hanger. In fact, the rear end looks like they just gave up, styling wise. There's not much of it either, so pillions will hate it. Those weird triangular lumps either side of the radiator hold the coolant overflow bottles, by the way. They probably help direct air at the rad too, but they are odd looking.

From a distance, it doesn't look that special, but close up, you can see it's an R1M, and that's not so very different from Rossi's bike. Honestly, looking at it close up, it's deeply desirable.

I had a sit on the KTM Superduke GT too, Tmation. Very very comfy, 23 litre tank, honking great 1300 twin, nearly as much power and torque as my ZZR1400 but way lighter.... It'll be an utter weapon on the road, I think.
« Last Edit: 02 December 2015, 11:00:19 pm by AyJay »

AyJay

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02 December 2015, 10:54:07 pm »
Ha, double posted there. How do you delete posts....
« Last Edit: 02 December 2015, 10:56:16 pm by AyJay »

coffee

• GP Hero
  • Phil Bradbury,like road racing,ireland,music
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Naked Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03 December 2015, 11:17:56 am »
You can trick the FZ1 as much as you like. It'll still not be as fast, handle as well, or have traction control, slipper clutch, etc., etc.,. The MT10, like the rest of the top nakeds, is leap years ahead. The FZ1 is a 10 yearold design & looks it. If I didn't have an s1r I'd be on this like a shot. It'll be a hoot to ride.

You're right,I think I was a bit blinkered with the FZ1,after looking at the MT10 never realized how dated they actually are.
never look down on anyone unless you're helping them up.