Date: 30-04-24  Time: 20:24 pm

Author Topic: REAR HUGGER - FZS600 '98-'91  (Read 1467 times)

markaboot

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Blue
    • View Profile
REAR HUGGER - FZS600 '98-'91
« on: 15 July 2012, 05:42:29 pm »
Hello,

I bought this rear hugger off ebay sometime last year and it has been sitting around collecting dust so its time to sell it.
It has never been fitted to my bike as it was advertised wrong, it will not fit the 2002-2003 bike.

It has was fitted to the previous owners bike so this is not a new item but its not far off.
The previous owner had just got the bike and removed it as it was not to his taste.
There are several minor marks, so minor they dont show on the photos, and a couple of bigger marks I have shown below.

If this fit my bike I would be happy have it on there, once its on you would never notice the marks.

The only damage is here where the plastic has been squashed a little and split (its only split at the edge) this is easily cured and hidden with a suitable washer.
Tbh I would fit it with washers anyway to spread the load.

The other big mark is this which seems to be muck stuck to a bit of glue left behind by a sticker. Its hidden by the rear brake hose guide bracket thingy anyways.

As you can see I gave the hugger a good clean prior to attempting to fit it.

Here is the manufacturers website for a couple more pics and info etc.http://www.simpson-detour.co.uk/shopitem.aspx?OBJ_ID=134692&OCT_ID=9

I bought this for £55 and would like £55 for it. You are welcome to collect or I can post at extra cost to the buyer.
New this would be £75 so grab a bargain  :D

I'm happy to answer any questions.
Mark

markaboot@hotmail.com

Located in the Accrington area.
« Last Edit: 15 July 2012, 05:54:53 pm by markaboot »

markaboot

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Blue
    • View Profile