General > Front page

Whatever Happened to CH Biggadike?

<< < (2/2)

g5guzzi:
Sam Couplands didn't last very long after Jim sold it. In case you didnt know Jim is running his own
machining / engineering  business. R A Wilson is back in the premises where originally he started out.

Malc

JD-LincsUK:
Yes, I knew Couplands didn't last long after Jim 'retired' (so he told me when he was still doing the MOTs) but glad to hear he's doing well. I didn't really know the guy who ran it after Jim, but it was a completely different style and not as cosy or welcoming, I thought.

I bought my very first proper bike from Wilson's, 22 years ago - a 1 year old GPZ500S, which blew my mind with its 'turbo' effect at 8,000rpm, after riding two-up on my skinny TZR-125R for months (bought from Slipstream at Skeggy - who seem to be still doing okay).

There was another place in Skeggy, down the precinct, which sold classic bikes. By 'classic' I mean real retros - CB250 and 350s and that sort of thing. I think they are still going, too - sure I saw an ad in the local paper recently. I must have another ride up to Skeggy, it's years since I've been there. Since the Mrs stopped riding pillion after we got knocked off the bike, I don't get around anywhere near as much as I used to.

g5guzzi:
If you are going to skeggy it is Skegness bike night on 19th of July
Malc

JD-LincsUK:
Didn't know that was on - thanks for the heads-up. I'll try and persuade the Mrs to come along - won't be easy, but ya never know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version