Date: 30-04-24  Time: 23:53 pm

Author Topic: Not Too Badly Ripped Off By Swinton Insurance  (Read 1019 times)

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
Not Too Badly Ripped Off By Swinton Insurance
« on: 12 March 2012, 01:47:32 pm »
£21 to change bikes (03 £3k CBR600RR -to- 02 £1700 FZS600).  I thought it would be a lot worse as my terms and conditions state a £25 fee, then I thought they would take the p1ss on the premium.  I guess I got a £4 refund, which took the fee down to £21.
[/size]
[/size]

lardarse

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
    • Me little Amateur Radio webpage
Re: Not Too Badly Ripped Off By Swinton Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2012, 06:00:17 pm »
Not had too good a service from Swinton, we went with them last year, for car, bike and house.

They offered us some "goodies" Such as breakdown, yada, yada, yada... All good we thought....until.....

Got a phone call from me Sister that dad had died in Blackpool, jumped on the bike, got to Preston, going like stink and chain snapped. Was left there for 2 1/2 hours with all kinds of promises from Swinton that the breakdown was on the way. When I explained what was going on to the operator, she replied " You do realise there are other people who have broken down you know?" I pushed the 600 up the Hill at Tickled Trout, and coasted down the other side to the Petrol station, where they looked after the bike till I came back with the works van to shift it.

This year they tried to put the policies up by about £600 in total, the fat bloke who sings annoyingly got our business.....

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
Re: Not Too Badly Ripped Off By Swinton Insurance
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2012, 06:32:33 pm »
Yeah, we have car and bike insurance with them.  It really annoys me that they're on the phone as soon as you have the policy trying to up-sell all sorts of add-ons.

Off topic, I use http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/ for motor insurance.  It's actually an insurance policy from which you reclaim garage breakdown/recovery fees.  MoneySavingExpert top rated, pay out very quickly with no messing about, and I pay £38 for the sort of cover the AA wanted £144 for.