Date: 28-03-24  Time: 11:29 am

Author Topic: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!  (Read 641693 times)

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
Re: Today's "What Gets My Goat" - NO POLITICS!
« Reply #3800 on: 13 May 2021, 03:35:57 pm »
Saving the planet/reducing emissions etc. So why doesn't govt legislate to make housebuilders build all homes with south facing rooves? And incorporate solar panels into the build, rather than have owners have to have them retro fitted?

A lot of new builds have that in their planning approval.

Should be inbuilt in the national planning system.

Along with a new minimum standard for road width. These new estates have roads that two cars cant pass each other on without one driving up the kerb, let alone the bin wagons. Might have been alright years ago when cars like the A35 were common, but todays cars are massive. Suppose its a case of developers maximising the number of properties they can squeeze onto a postage stamp

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3801 on: 13 May 2021, 06:38:00 pm »
Should be inbuilt in the national planning system.

Along with a new minimum standard for road width. These new estates have roads that two cars cant pass each other on without one driving up the kerb, let alone the bin wagons. Might have been alright years ago when cars like the A35 were common, but todays cars are massive. Suppose its a case of developers maximising the number of properties they can squeeze onto a postage stamp

:agree

My son lives in a new build and I looked at new builds a couple of years ago. Government guidelines/rules are that each house must have 2x parking spaces. This can include the garage. Unfortunately the garage is way too small even for a modern Mini/Polo so never gets used and the driveways are so small that only the smallest cars can fit on without overhanging the path as this means the developer can get more shoeboxes on their plot of land. As most houses have 2 cars (or more) all the roads are clogged with cars. Add to that the narrow winding nature of the new roads to try to slow traffic down and you actually create a danger to anyone trying to cross the road or anyone living in the bowels of the estate that needs an ambulance or a fire engine. Because of this, he has to take his bins to the end of the road where the developer has built a bin area to save the bin lorry having to squeeze through.

Shame they didnt give it more thought though. Due to the width of the road and all the parked cars, the planned bus route allowing people to use public transport instead of cars has had to be binned as they cannot get a bus through safely.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: 13 May 2021, 06:43:18 pm »
I thought garages were reserved for motorbikes ?  :rolleyes

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #3803 on: 13 May 2021, 06:50:35 pm »
I thought garages were reserved for motorbikes ?  :rolleyes
They are where I live :)
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: 13 May 2021, 08:10:25 pm »
And beer stocks  :)

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: 16 May 2021, 05:02:03 pm »

The way Steve Wright (R2) insists on joining in with singing the last line of nearly every song he plays :grumble

I bet that upsets the taping................ :lol

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #3806 on: 16 May 2021, 05:32:47 pm »

Showing your age there!

(There again, so am I, because I understand the reference...  :eek )

fazerscotty

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: 17 May 2021, 03:13:39 pm »

Showing your age there!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: 17 May 2021, 05:31:55 pm »

Showing your age there!

Still got this old relic. Early 80s I think, still working too

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: 17 May 2021, 06:08:25 pm »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:28:55 am by YamFazFan »

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: 17 May 2021, 06:26:08 pm »
I must of spent hours winding it back in with a pencil  :lol
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: 28 May 2021, 10:14:17 am »
What gets my goat today. Dirty dog owners who think its ok to put their dog shit in my dustbin when it's out for collection. It was put in there after it was emptied meaning its going to be stinking in there for 2 weeks.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: 28 May 2021, 11:33:27 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:29:11 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: 28 May 2021, 01:58:19 pm »
What gets my goat today. Dirty dog owners who think its ok to put their dog shit in my dustbin when it's out for collection. It was put in there after it was emptied meaning its going to be stinking in there for 2 weeks.
Yep same here. We're next to a country park, so there's a endless procession of dog+owners all day long. I wouldn't mind, but there's a purpose built poo bin at the entrance to the park, less than 50 metres away.

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: 04 June 2021, 01:21:06 pm »
Yep same here. We're next to a country park, so there's a endless procession of dog+owners all day long. I wouldn't mind, but there's a purpose built poo bin at the entrance to the park, less than 50 metres away.

I'm going to third this as I also live in residential road that has a country park at one end.

Bloody dog owners allowing their pooches to crap everywhere on route to the park then make a half arsed attempt to pick it up and promtly throw it down the private property alleyway at the side of my house.

I was so pissed off with this after collecting 21 bags of dog shit one weekend from the alleyway, I installed CCTV and posted videos of the offenders who in more than one video turned out to be a neighbour's teenage kids (a few doors along so I had no clue who they were) and said neighbour promptly called the Police to complain that I had put videos of the teenage kids dropping dog shit bags in the alleyway and guess what - the Police actually knocked on my door to investigate the complaint!!!

As you can imagine I asked them what they were going to do about the offence of dropping the dog shit bags, to which they replied "they were not here to deal with that" so I politely told them the law on Domestic CCTV in the UK is non existent and they couldn't ask me or force me to remove it or take the posts down from Youtube and eventually told them to bugger off if they weren't going to enforce an actual criminal law of dropping dog shit.

Plod obviously fed that back to the parents of the dog shit droppers as the mad woman then went after me on Youtube postng all sorts of abuse and accusations of being a paedo on my Youtube channel (get it right, the kids were 15 and 17 so hardly looked like kids) - guess what? When I reported her on line abuse to Plod they weren't interested, fucking typical!

Even after several years the whole family are still obsessed and everytime the dad walks down the alleyway he sticks two fingers up at the cameras or sticks his tongue out.

I told them via Youtube to come and speak to me in person if they had a problem with me shaming their family members for droping dog shit as I had no idea which house they lived in at the time, Plod wouldn't tell me.

As always with bullys they wouldn't face me so carried on their ridiculus sheenanigans ever since.

They've stopped dropping their dog shit bags in the alleyway though.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2021, 01:26:43 pm by Streetbudgie »

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: 04 June 2021, 05:29:09 pm »

I'm going to third this as I also live in residential road that has a country park at one end.

Bloody dog owners allowing their pooches to crap everywhere on route to the park then make a half arsed attempt to pick it up and promtly throw it down the private property alleyway at the side of my house.

I was so pissed off with this after collecting 21 bags of dog shit one weekend from the alleyway, I installed CCTV and posted videos of the offenders who in more than one video turned out to be a neighbour's teenage kids (a few doors along so I had no clue who they were) and said neighbour promptly called the Police to complain that I had put videos of the teenage kids dropping dog shit bags in the alleyway and guess what - the Police actually knocked on my door to investigate the complaint!!!

As you can imagine I asked them what they were going to do about the offence of dropping the dog shit bags, to which they replied "they were not here to deal with that" so I politely told them the law on Domestic CCTV in the UK is non existent and they couldn't ask me or force me to remove it or take the posts down from Youtube and eventually told them to bugger off if they weren't going to enforce an actual criminal law of dropping dog shit.

Plod obviously fed that back to the parents of the dog shit droppers as the mad woman then went after me on Youtube postng all sorts of abuse and accusations of being a paedo on my Youtube channel (get it right, the kids were 15 and 17 so hardly looked like kids) - guess what? When I reported her on line abuse to Plod they weren't interested, fucking typical!

Even after several years the whole family are still obsessed and everytime the dad walks down the alleyway he sticks two fingers up at the cameras or sticks his tongue out.

I told them via Youtube to come and speak to me in person if they had a problem with me shaming their family members for droping dog shit as I had no idea which house they lived in at the time, Plod wouldn't tell me.

As always with bullys they wouldn't face me so carried on their ridiculus sheenanigans ever since.

They've stopped dropping their dog shit bags in the alleyway though.

I believe that the offence of failing to pick and and dispose appropriately of dog crap comes under the control of the local authority, many have specific Dog Wardens to deal with the problem. Try contacting them

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: 06 June 2021, 09:07:09 pm »
Man you have had a shit time street budgie. No pun intended. Well done you for making a stand. Dirty lazy bastards.

Could you and your neighbours who have access to that allyway
get together and put a locked gate up.
« Last Edit: 06 June 2021, 09:08:25 pm by fazersharp »

Streetbudgie

• GP Hero
  • Don't mess with a budgie
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: 08 June 2021, 12:49:29 pm »
Man you have had a shit time street budgie. No pun intended. Well done you for making a stand. Dirty lazy bastards.

I tried that but out of all the houses that abut the alleyway (it goes down th eside of my house and along th eback of all the others) there was only 2 other households that have an actual garage and discussing it with them it seems that gates were asked about before and the people with no garage who don't use the alleyway objected as they thought they would be denied access in the future.
In our deeds it states that each household is responsible for maintaining the alley along the length of their property but I'm the only one who does it.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: 08 June 2021, 04:00:01 pm »

I tried that but out of all the houses that abut the alleyway (it goes down th eside of my house and along th eback of all the others) there was only 2 other households that have an actual garage and discussing it with them it seems that gates were asked about before and the people with no garage who don't use the alleyway objected as they thought they would be denied access in the future.
In our deeds it states that each household is responsible for maintaining the alley along the length of their property but I'm the only one who does it.

If I was a neighbour I would want a gate to stop scumbags using it as an entry to my garden/ back of the house.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: 09 June 2021, 10:21:32 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:29:29 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: 09 June 2021, 10:42:05 am »
Even The Queen's been cancelled by the warriors of woke now

And the populist dictatorship tells you what you can and cannot do on your own premises  :rolleyes
That's after they've finished picking the England cricket team of course....

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: 09 June 2021, 10:48:30 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:29:42 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: 09 June 2021, 11:09:37 am »
And that statue in Bristol wasn't their property, but it didn't stop them tearing it down without consulting the owners did it
The elected Mayor seems quite happy with the outcome  :)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: 09 June 2021, 11:39:54 am »
« Last Edit: 13 June 2021, 11:29:55 am by YamFazFan »

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: 09 June 2021, 12:26:53 pm »
I wouldn't recommend they rely on that defence when they're next due in court on charges of criminal damage

Speaking of criminals..... :)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/09/covid-contract-for-firm-run-by-cummings-friends-was-unlawful-judge-rules