Date: 01-05-24  Time: 12:59 pm

Author Topic: food for thought my fellow worker ants..  (Read 3500 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
food for thought my fellow worker ants..
« on: 10 May 2014, 09:27:22 am »
there used to be a lovely feller on a forum  called 200mph, moniker was euro, or eurostar or some such thing. lived in lincolnshire, retired from the raf, loved his busa..i had one too then and used to call in on him and his equally lovely missus from time to time.he told me that the raf station he worked at collected every bit of data from mobile phone, land line and computer useage and kept it for ten years. kinda spooked me, the ever rising face of big brother. last week i had another reminder of how watched we are, purely through our own fault. ive been working at a place called brewers court in norwich, finished the job a week ago. i have an iphone five. i never use it for anything except phone and for texting. being old, i still use an old fashioned diary for work. my phone has a menu that pulls down showing weather, stocks etc..i only found it last week by accident. it told me all the usual stuff, then informed me if i wanted to go to brewers court it would take me 17 minutes...
im carrying a device in my pocket which is tracking me. imagine how far reaching that goes. not just where i go, and how often, but also obviously how fuggin' fast...thats really not a good thing for all of us..  then its logged for ten years...
how did we ever let technology take control of us. at present my points still count against me for insurance, even though they are over three years old, because for insurance purposes its five years. the law will change again soon, and it will be 7 years for insurance (they tried to make it ten!!!) how long will it be before they are allowed to access every detail including hoiw fast you occasionally go on your bike. it truly is beyond sinister.. ..what makes it worse is its kinda intelligent surveillance..it not only knows where i went but reasoned that because i did it a lot i was working there. it flashed that reminder every day except today, obviously having worked out from past data i didnt work saturdays.freaky...
« Last Edit: 10 May 2014, 09:36:22 am by ogri48 »

bigralphie

• 6 Million Dollar Foccer
    Scenic Pisser
    FOC-U Equine Entrepreneur
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - ZZR1400
    • View Profile
Re: food for thought my fellow worker ants..
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2014, 10:11:10 am »
The reason its 5 years its because a fine conviction is considered spent ( ie you dont have to legally reveal it ) under the rehabilitation act.
but that is changing to just 1 year for fines as of this year so cant see how insurance can go to 10 years ?
Do you have a link saying that mush ?

Its just a ride

Kosmic Kartman

• Photo comp trophy
    July & September 2010
  • GP Hero
  • Champion on two, three & four wheels
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM640LC4SM, XRX125SM
    • View Profile
    • Trackart.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2014, 10:19:56 am »
Location, location, location.

Surely if you turned the GPS setting off on you phone big brother wouldn't be able to track you, except if you made a call. Might be wrong on this and I'm sure someone will correct me if so.
Some say that he eats habanero chilli peppers dipped in oil of capsaicin for extra bite and that his pyjamas are made from Nomex. All we know is, he's called Ad the Bad

Mattsplat

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - GSXR750RK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2014, 10:55:05 am »
Big brother IS watching and logging your details.

No smartphone for me.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2014, 11:05:07 am »
If it is that good how come they can't track a big Foccing plane with a load of smart phone carrying passengers :lol

slappy

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT09
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2014, 11:14:29 am »
If you use a debit or credit card anywhere not only can your movement be tracked, every purchase you make is logged and the information is used to guess your spending habits and and then used to try to sell you other stuff. They also sell this info to other companies.
Big Brother is not just watching you, he wants to control you completely. My wife says I am paranoid but they really are out to get you one way or another.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2014, 11:48:57 am »
Virtually impossible to move anywhere undetected these days unless you never use computers, mobile digital devices, credit/debit cards & wear disguise to  fool the universal CCTV spycams.

tex

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - tdr 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2014, 11:51:37 am »

same for the likes of Tesco club cards,
the night i was born, lord the moon stood a fire red., my poor mother her crying,
she said the gypsy was right, and she fell right dead

Hamos

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2014, 11:52:08 am »
Your phone company will have data of what phone masts your phone connects to.  So wherever your phone goes there is data that can pinpoint your location to within 10 meters.  That is kept for a set period of time.  Not sure how long.

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2014, 11:56:49 am »
Forgot to add the amount of info they can ascertain from your number plate! :eek

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 May 2014, 11:59:32 am »
I've often thought this Ogri, up till now perhaps naively thought that it would only effect you if you had an accident and your mobile phone was seized and used as evidence but the extra thought that you are being tracked 24/7 by an unknown entity has convinced me to turn my phone off when more spirited riding is on the menu.

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 May 2014, 12:15:05 pm »

Im always perfectly aware of how "out there" my electronic information actually is.....personally im not that bothered.....as soon as we realise that we arent quite as free as most of us think then we can sit back, relax, have a beer & continue posting nonsense......there's nothing i put online that i wouldn't stand face to face with either an individual or the law and stand up for.

We all buy these phones so unless we start saying that we dont want all these tracking aids then they'll keep making them.......but there are lots of genuine uses for them...maps, tracking runs, apps that warn when a biker crashes, hotel directories on the go, shopping while on the train, finding (nosing on) friends & family......police can track phones of missing persons & punish idiots who text & drive by checking logs....there are vast uses for such technologies......the many radicalised individuals living amongst us would be silly to use smart phones but some of them will and that will mean some of them at least are found....& then theres drug dealers & the kiddy fiddlers & internet trolls.....all unable to hide so easy due to their electronic presence.

But ye we gotta be careful for our own selfish reasons like fun because like ogri suggests it may not be too long before our every move out on the roads "could" be followed & yep perhaps that old chestnut of checking action cams could eventually extend to checking the logger on someones own smart phone......but even if we dont buy said phones then it "could" not be too long before data loggers in vehicles are made compulsory so i say enjoy what freedom we have while we have it as it may not be there in future....ive been toying with just buying an emergency phone for the bike with a battery activating pull tab...just a basic mobile...enough to make an emergency call...i dont need any more than that.....but if i vanish off the face of the earth during a solo ride it will be harder for anyone to determine where i could have gone.....but then again i usually switch my phone off as it drains the battery so quick so im prob not detectable anyway....& ive gotta weigh the risks....am i really likely to vanish....no.

& intercepting data is hardly a modern thing is it....ever since radio signals were transmitted then they were also detected...radar, voice comms, data have always been hoovered up....even earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanos are monitored.

& im quite greatful that my spending habits are monitored...saves foccing about...."we thought youd like these gloves"....spot on....i do...& i need a set.....bought.....time saved....result...happy days......plus my bank knows when a suspicious purchase pops up....& they tell me....cheers bank!.

& real big brothers would watch your back...they would help you out when you were in a tight spot........or give you a chinese burn......see how much this big brother helps you out when you are in a scrape......exactly........surveillance & monitoring that's all it is....big brother is an older sibling or a tv show....the very mention of it winds me up a bit as it is simplifying something that needs no simplifying.

We are not being watched......but if required we could be quite easily.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2014, 01:24:02 pm by noggythenog »
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 May 2014, 12:20:33 pm »
As said above, if they can't track 200 odd phones in a missing plane how are they going to catch you doing a few mph over the speed limit :)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10 May 2014, 12:31:41 pm »
As said above, if they can't track 200 odd phones in a missing plane how are they going to catch you doing a few mph over the speed limit :)

Because they have the phone in your posession.....it has been in constant contact with multiple position fixing devices and it is loaded with all of the latest maps and gps data...same as your tom tom sat nav......ok so it maybe only proves that your tom tom and phone were speeding from a place called "noggys house" to where they caught you & that "noggys house" happens to be your registered home address........but try arguing that at 1020 you were not just leaving "noggys home town"......im sure there will be plenty cctv cameras to prove otherwise.

Im quite sure they will get some info from those passengers phones "when" they find them.

Back to speeding though.

I really dont think the police have the will, the resources or the need to be doing that right now......but in theory it could be possible in future.
« Last Edit: 10 May 2014, 01:18:03 pm by noggythenog »

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 May 2014, 12:36:05 pm »
+ they are probably at the bottom of the ocean.

mr self destruct

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Riding without a crash since 24-04-15
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10 May 2014, 01:45:31 pm »
The trick is to only ride your bollocks off where there's no mobile signal. So we're ok for Wales and 90% of Cumbria then.  :b
Broken, bruised, forgotten, sore,
too fucked up to care any more.

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10 May 2014, 02:46:30 pm »
So a cop turns up at your door and says your mobile phone was doing 95mph in a 60mph zone....fascinating court case that would turn out to be :lol

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 May 2014, 04:28:34 pm »
You'd have to report it stolen. :b

ChristoT

• Alleged Foc-u Daphnis & Chloe expert
  • GP Hero
  • Fluent in English, French and bullshit!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Saab 9-3, caravan, hang glider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 May 2014, 04:42:38 pm »
You'd have to report it stolen. :b

Ahh, but how can they prove you had your phone on you AT THE TIME?  ;) That is where the argument falls down.
The Deef's apprentice

dazza

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - MT10
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 10 May 2014, 04:51:46 pm »
 :rolleyes  Christo.... :fish

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10 May 2014, 05:00:55 pm »
They track me by using the microchip they put in my head.
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10 May 2014, 05:20:02 pm »
:rolleyes  Christo.... :fish

Do keep up Christo  :lol

:pokefun

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile