Date: 01-05-24  Time: 17:08 pm

Author Topic: new bike  (Read 2801 times)

BT

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - bmw 1150 gs
    • View Profile
new bike
« on: 15 February 2012, 04:33:43 pm »
Happy with my recent purchase gone from a bmw gs 1150 got a good price for it ,put this Fazer in the shed and a large wad of cash in my wallet,happy boy .Just fitted later mirrors from detlev Louis info from forum ,I can actually see behind me now and they fold when putting it away ,great service fast delivery ,So whats next ....a hugger and then a can but can not decide which one oh and some risers and a seat cover and......looks like that wad of cash could go fairly quickly

Brian

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
Re: new bike
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2012, 07:11:18 pm »
Looks nice - where did you get your extended mirrors from? Can't seem to find what you were referring to. Also have you any ideas on what can you are going to get? Im currently looking at a new can for mine as its still using the stock. My instructor who I caught up with a couple of weeks after I passed described its noise akin to a "fart in the wind" :P Im very tempted on getting a Beowulf Warrior but i've heard good things about Viper.

BT

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - bmw 1150 gs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2012, 08:10:47 pm »
I got the mirrors from www.louis.de german company recomended on this site ,I searched in mods quick delivery and better price than all I saw on ebay shops etc.Don't know on the can yet ,been looking and listening on you tube to see what various ones sound like .Viper does look nice I think road legal can't be bothered with the hassle of race pipes but has to have a good sound to it.

Brian

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2012, 08:18:37 pm »
Ah, awesome thank you :)

I agree, I'm not looking for any race parts - I have no intention to use the bike on a track at any point and noise is definitely the main point im interested in, performance being second. Very tempted on replacing the downpipes at the same time as well.

Just tried to order the new mirrors as its getting on my nerves not being able to see very well behind me - how did you enter a UK postcode for there delivery information? The input field on louis.de isnt't large enough :s No matter what I try, I can't find a way to put my full postcode in and i'm a little skeptical about ordering without my full address...
« Last Edit: 15 February 2012, 08:52:41 pm by Dead Eye »

BT

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - bmw 1150 gs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2012, 09:05:51 pm »
Just checked my invoice and full postcode is on it can't recall the set up of entering details though sorry.Just browsing fleabay and there's a viper on there for 6 days £21 at moment +£15pp item 110824178532.I do like the look of the Simmi SP tri oval carbon ,legal too.

Brian

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2012, 09:35:51 pm »
Yeah its odd how I can't seem to enter it. I figure I met be able to change it once I have an account but im yet to receive the email with my account id in it :s

As for the Viper can, wow that is actually really cheap - bet it wont stay there though :P

Fazer Jake

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2012, 09:43:00 pm »
Id change the downpipes and probably sell the OE (Youll make quite abit of money back) i bought sandy spares downpipes for £175 added considerable improvement in low/medium range!

marksfazer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2012, 09:55:49 pm »
If your thinking of an end can, you might wanna check out fuel exhaust. Very happy with mine and at a good price as well. >>> http://www.fuelexhausts.com

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2012, 10:30:22 pm »
They seem quite well priced, how is the sound? I want something quite deep ^^

marksfazer

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2012, 08:16:45 am »
 They come with a removable baffle, with it fitted there is a slightly better noise than standard but with it out, as I have all of the time and it sounds great, especially on full chat or on over run!

Kinggy

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2012, 10:32:53 am »
Hi guys, I have a viper on my fazer and it is a very nice sound. Nice and deep and certainly louder then the standard one but not too loud that you have to cover your ears. I had my can stubbied though and that made all the difference especially along with a K&N Filter. Viper would be a very good choice :D