Date: 28-03-24  Time: 20:39 pm

Author Topic: BREXIT  (Read 209996 times)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
Re: Just for VNA a brexit thread
« Reply #600 on: 29 November 2018, 10:53:16 am »
 :lol

agricola

• GP Hero
  • Man on a mission
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 S2 07-09
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 29 November 2018, 12:37:28 pm »
We never had either of those before the EU
Are you just making this stuff up  :rolleyes
We never had 'Strictly Come Dancing' before the EU either.......

Sadly not

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 29 November 2018, 01:37:51 pm »
Just to make one thing clear, VAT is not an EU invention. It existed before the EU, and many Non-EU countries have also adopted VAT systems. 
Google tells me this.

Was VAT introduced by the EU?
  VAT was originally a French idea, started in the 1950s. Britain introduced it as part of its condition of joining the European Economic Community. All countries joining the EEC had to replace their indirect taxes with the VAT.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 01:38:53 pm by fazersharp »
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 29 November 2018, 01:52:23 pm »
Funny how all these predictions of the UK being this much or that much worse off have suddenly hit the headlines today. BofE for instance. And this would be the same BofE that didn't predict the 2008 financial crash?  :rolleyes
Governments own figures project for 15 years. So I guess in 1993, they should have been able to predict the 2008 financial crash too?  :rolleyes
In 15 years, I wonder if there'll even be an EU.
What they don't realise is that it doesn't matter because those who voted leave either didnt believe the project fear and even if they did they don't care and see it as a risk or price worth paying in the long run.   
 That is I think one of the problems with a lot of remainers - all they are worried about is their own pocket. Useless Carney with his failed forward guidance proves he knows nothing. He says house prices will fall - well that's great isn't it so people can get on the housing ladder, this house price scaremongering is clearly aimed at the older generation who have houses and just so happened to be the most leave voters. Interest rate have to rise anyway regardless of any brexit. 

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 29 November 2018, 01:54:37 pm »
Or we could have the (failed 7 times) non MP bore Farage  :lol
Look at some utube of Sir Nigel Farage in action in the European parliament, and the way they treat him is pretty much how they feel about the UK. 

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 29 November 2018, 01:59:18 pm »
That's when he's at his brilliant best ;)

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 29 November 2018, 02:02:42 pm »

We never had 'Strictly Come Dancing' before the EU either.......

Sadly not

What, sadly we didn't have Strictly then?!. I'd say opinion is equally divided on that subject too :'(

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 29 November 2018, 06:27:04 pm »

What they don't realise is that it doesn't matter because those who voted leave either didnt believe the project fear and even if they did they don't care and see it as a risk or price worth paying in the long run.   

They may yet not believe it, but it’s already happening.  The UK has the third slowest year on year GDP growth in the EU.  And the pound has slumped 14% against the Euro since the BREXIT vote.  Standard and Poor have downgraded our credit rating.  This is just basically just at the thought of BREXIT.

And if BREXITEERS don’t care about money, well what was the 350-million-pound bus about?

So where do the BREXITEERS think the money from for the NHS is going to come from with a NO DEAL BREXIT throwing us into a recession way deeper than even the financial crises of 2008?

john roche

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Versys 1000, vfr750
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 29 November 2018, 06:29:21 pm »
If there's a no deal Brexit other countries will know we're desperate for trade deals. They hold all the cards and we'll just have to accept what's on offer

« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 07:19:22 pm by john roche »
The devil made me do it!

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 29 November 2018, 06:56:02 pm »

the bottom line is those of us who voted to leave got shafted.
if the country and the government had held their nerve and got a good deal, it would have been fine.
but you have to hand it to the remainers (including Teresa may), they played a blinder.
Make such a piss poor jo of it all that we either come out worse or have another referendum which obviously will now go the way of remain, given that we know no one in power will fight for what we actually wanted. Add in weve been humiliated by the EU, and had two years of being slated for our racism/xenophobia/stupidity etc and its a remainers victory over democracy.
and you know what? mttreadand vna are right. I was stupid. For ever believing there was a chance the powers that be would see it through properly. oh well hey.
I for one will never vote again, nor care whos in power both here and amongst our EU overlords.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 29 November 2018, 07:34:35 pm »
Quote from: mtread on 28 November 2018, 11:46:44 PM[/size]Just to make one thing clear, VAT is not an EU invention. It existed before the EU, and many Non-EU countries have also adopted VAT systems. 

Google tells me this.  Was VAT introduced by the EU?  VAT was originally a French idea, started in the 1950s. Britain introduced it as part of its condition of joining the European Economic Community. All countries joining the EEC had to replace their indirect taxes with the VAT.

I think you'll find that fits with what I said, except I didn't have to Google it  ;)
Yes all EU states have to have a VAT, and it has to be within a set of limits. That's to ensure frictionless trade between member states. As I said before, that's why it's easy to buy Yamaha parts from Germany.
The VAT method is acknowledged as an efficient (believe it or not) way of taxing consumption. It's used all over the world, including countries like Mongolia. As far as I'm aware they are not in the EU....
If anybody says that by leaving the EU we will be cancelling VAT, they are talking bollocks.
VAT accounts for nearly a fifth of all UK government revenues. Far more than Purchase Tax ever did. If we didn't have VAT, the tax would be collected in some other way. Or they could just go on cutting the NHS, Police, Defense etc etc

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 29 November 2018, 07:40:40 pm »
Or we could have the (failed 7 times) non MP bore Farage   

Look at some utube of Sir Nigel Farage in action in the European parliament, and the way they treat him is pretty much how they feel about the UK.
Farage hardly ever turns up. He has one of the worst attendance records (Google it) ;)
When he is there, it's just to grandstand for the cameras and to get on YouTube.
Yet Europe (we) still pays the useless lump.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 29 November 2018, 07:48:52 pm »

if the country and the government had held their nerve and got a good deal, it would have been fine.
 but you have to hand it to the remainers (including Teresa may), they played a blinder.
 Make such a piss poor jo of it all that we either come out worse or have another referendum which obviously will now go the way of remain, given that we know no one in power will fight for what we actually wanted. Add in weve been humiliated by the EU, and had two years of being slated for our racism/xenophobia/stupidity etc and its a remainers victory over democracy.
 and you know what? mttreadand vna are right. I was stupid. For ever believing there was a chance the powers that be would see it through properly. oh well hey.
 I for one will never vote again, nor care whos in power both here and amongst our EU overlords.

Naw Ogri.  You were unwittingly voting to be shafted.

The EU currently represents 25% of global GDP.  And guess what it is right on our door step.  Further it is one single free trading market.  Currently as full members we have full unrestricted access to that market.

What BREXIT aims to do is to make it harder, more difficult and also more expensive to access that massive market.

Trade deals are about countries moving closer together in order to increase trade by making the flow of goods easier and simpler.

BREXIT is the opposite of a normal trade deal.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 29 November 2018, 07:58:44 pm »
. Useless Carney with his failed forward guidance proves he knows nothing
You mean Mark Carney who graduated from Harvard with a degree with high honours in economics, before postgraduate studies at Oxford where he received masters and doctoral degrees. Then of course Goldman Sachs and the Bank of Canada before his current job.
Where are the Leave 'experts'  coming up with convincing forecasts and figures? I certainly haven't seen any. Although I do believe Farage has a handful of O levels.
« Last Edit: 29 November 2018, 07:59:32 pm by mtread »

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 29 November 2018, 09:17:07 pm »

Keep your chin up. I had a little wobble a couple of weeks ago, but I got over it thank goodness. Although in my defence I had imbibed a few too many light ales at the time ;) .
I admit the situation doesn't look good, but it's not all over yet, as much as they'd like it to be.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: 29 November 2018, 09:40:57 pm »
VNA you must be so conflicted because on one hand you are using brexit as a leverage tool to back up your fight for scotish independence, so if we brexit you can carry on using the "England dragging scotland out of the EU" chestnut. Yet you are backing remain and if you win that one then you put yourself one more step away from scottish independence.   
No wonder you are Virtually Nearly always Angry.

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: 29 November 2018, 09:41:09 pm »
Keep your chin up. I had a little wobble a couple of weeks ago, but I got over it thank goodness. Although in my defence I had imbibed a few too many light ales at the time ;) .
I admit the situation doesn't look good, but it's not all over yet, as much as they'd like it to be.

Indeed the situation looks pretty grim.  Though there is a possibility of the UK returning to service as normal, and therefore continuing it’s frictionless free trade with the biggest single free market in the world, the threat of BREXIT still looms.

May’s deal means the UK will no longer be a sovereign state, and growth and the performance of our economy will be slower than as a full EU member.

A NO DEAL, will in effect be worse than the 2008 financial crash and subsequent recession of which we are only just now putting being us.
We’ve already had one lost economic decade, a NO DEAL could easily lead to three lost decades. 
With the pound crashing you could potentially see the cost of motorcycle such as Yamaha’s MT10, £9999.00 before the BREXT referendum, easily end up costing 14 or 15K.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: 29 November 2018, 09:47:54 pm »
Fazersharp, sorry bud :o
I'm quoting you quoting YamFazFan but addressing yourself :o
Doh Doh Doh! :o
Sorry.

That's alright I understand. I know that after a day managing the lairds estate that you cant wait to come home to your croft to a wee dram and a log fire and rip into the forum.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: 29 November 2018, 09:49:24 pm »
With the pound crashing you could potentially see the cost of motorcycle such as Yamaha’s MT10, £9999.00 before the BREXT referendum, easily end up costing 14 or 15K.
I don't want an MT10. I want to buy a big two-stroke like we had in the good old days 8) .

VNA - BMW Wank

• BMW Wank
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - BMW R1250R Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: 29 November 2018, 09:49:53 pm »
VNA you must be so conflicted because on one hand you are using brexit as a leverage tool to back up your fight for scotish independence, so if we brexit you can carry on using the "England dragging scotland out of the EU" chestnut. Yet you are backing remain and if you win that one then you put yourself one more step away from scottish independence.   
Fazersharp,

The priority is to REMAIN in the EU.  If there is a second referendum, I will be voting to tear up article 50.  Sadly, yes this will solve the current sore of major material change, and means that it will be very difficult indeed for Scotland to continue to insist on a second Scottish Independence Referendum at this time.

As a famous former American president once said – It’s the economy stupid.

Please if you wish to address me in full, it’s Very Nasty Andy :evil   I abbreviated it when the forum moved from YUKU to it’s current host.

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: 29 November 2018, 10:04:41 pm »
Believe it or not YamFazFan actually stands for...YouAintMakingFolkAveZestForAnotherrefereNdum ;)

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: 29 November 2018, 11:24:09 pm »
. Useless Carney with his failed forward guidance proves he knows nothing
You mean Mark Carney who graduated from Harvard with a degree with high honours in economics, before postgraduate studies at Oxford where he received masters and doctoral degrees. Then of course Goldman Sachs and the Bank of Canada before his current job.
Where are the Leave 'experts'  coming up with convincing forecasts and figures?

Pfft. The world has lost count of how many times he has u-turned on his forecasts.

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: 30 November 2018, 12:39:12 am »
So........ where's the Leave experts and their forecasts then?

YamFazFan

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: 30 November 2018, 10:09:22 am »

Why would Leave need to be making any forecasts?. They won the referendum and we should be getting on with honouring that.

I can fully understand why Remain are engaging in 'Project Fear #2'. They're desperate to stop Brexit and overturn the democratic result because it didn't go their way.

Hedgetrimmer

• GP Hero
  • FOC-U official topiary expert
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: 30 November 2018, 12:36:36 pm »
So........ where's the Leave experts and their forecasts then?

Forecasts and predictions are for Remainers who have nothing better to do. Leavers just want to get out and get on with running our country.