Date: 18-05-24  Time: 02:02 am

Author Topic: Heads up on a minty gen one..  (Read 2382 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
Heads up on a minty gen one..
« on: 20 February 2017, 07:35:21 pm »
Ain't it marvellous? When I wanted a clean late fazer thou with black engine/ frame took ages to find one. Ended up having to go to Kent when one finally came up. Went to a little bike shop in the town a mile away from where I live on Saturday to get some comp 4 to do an oil change on the zzr and he's got a one owner Gen one thou, good as new,red with black engine/ frame and only 11k on the clock for 2800. The sorta thing you see on ebay at bigger dealers for anything from 3800 to 4800. Looks like it's never seen rain, headers and front of lump are spotless, as is the bike. Shop is " biker dean" in coleford, Gloucester

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Heads up on a minty gen one..
« Reply #1 on: 20 February 2017, 09:29:48 pm »
That's called Sod's law  :'(
 :rollin

JonnyFoxtrot

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2017, 10:13:29 am »
Wow this would be perfect for me! Especially if I could get them to closer to £2500. Shame its 4 hours away!!!

Still on my hunt for a black engine/frame combo gen 1. Do not enjoy being bikeless at the moment lol should have held onto the VFR till I had a new one!!!

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February 2017, 12:11:34 pm »
Ain't it marvellous? When I wanted a clean late fazer thou with black engine/ frame took ages to find one. Ended up having to go to Kent when one finally came up. Went to a little bike shop in the town a mile away from where I live on Saturday to get some comp 4 to do an oil change on the zzr and he's got a one owner Gen one thou, good as new,red with black engine/ frame and only 11k on the clock for 2800. The sorta thing you see on ebay at bigger dealers for anything from 3800 to 4800. Looks like it's never seen rain, headers and front of lump are spotless, as is the bike. Shop is " biker dean" in coleford, Gloucester
hello Ogri, how nice is it, what would you give it out of 10, Cheers Carl

It's easier to get more money than it is a day of your life back.

Grayo

• WSB Pack Hound
  • Another ex Fazer owner still hanging around.
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February 2017, 01:03:56 pm »
hello Ogri, how nice is it, what would you give it out of 10, Cheers Carl

I could change my opinion, but then we'd both be wrong.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February 2017, 07:57:18 pm »
That's the one. Little bit of spalling on the lacquer on the rear footrest hangers, could do with a back tyre and think it needs an mot. Looked at it again today. Last on the road in 2013. Bone stock I think. Be quick fellers it's
Very mild and spring down here ain't gonna be around long...

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 February 2017, 08:16:13 pm »
He's also got this, another customers bike, I had one back in the day, cost me £230...

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 February 2017, 11:52:04 am »
Thanks for the info Ogri, spent my savings now. Just got to decide whether to keep my Foxeye when the big 'Un turns up.

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 February 2017, 01:43:24 pm »
He's also got this, another customers bike, I had one back in the day, cost me £230...

And now ...... probably £2300 in that condition, it's mental what Ap's and fizzies in good nick go for now, scrub that it's mental what any 2stroke goes for now  :'( I'd love another 350LC but between 3-8 grand I can only dream, I still remember the sound of those microns on my 350 and the smell of Castrol R

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22 February 2017, 04:41:57 pm »
I had a 350F1 I think it was called, first of the faired powervalves, which I hurtled round the roads of Cornwall when I worked down in Helston, happy days. Probably worth more than my Blade now.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 February 2017, 08:57:09 pm »
Hope the bike works out ok mate, nicely done :-)

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 February 2017, 10:25:37 pm »

And now ...... probably £2300 in that condition, it's mental what Ap's and fizzies in good nick go for now, scrub that it's mental what any 2stroke goes for now  :'( I'd love another 350LC but between 3-8 grand I can only dream, I still remember the sound of those microns on my 350 and the smell of Castrol R
I just noticed the sale price on the front for £3999 Durr I amaze myself at my own stupidity  :lol

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2017, 12:57:37 pm »
Hope the bike works out ok mate, nicely done :-)
Never bought a bike unseen so I hope so, normally I climb all over them with a torch and a multimeter then have a think so it's a first for me. Chatting to Owen in the shop he seemed like a straight forward guy and all the photos he sent backed up what he said so not losing any sleep. Just need luggage racks, hugger, screen, scotoiler, fenda extenda and some of that tax and insurance stuff now, and weather, it's a bit grim in the North East at the moment.

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2017, 07:59:21 pm »
Owens a lovely feller, proper old Skool biker. Yup, it's just the beginning mate, buying the bike. If it was me I'd strip the carbs since it hasn't been run for three years, so that means it'd be daft not to fit Ivan's jetting kit while your at so that means a decent race can, plus you may as well bin the AIS while you got the  tank off and fit the heated grips also while the tank is off so you can run the wires through and probably strip the exup valve out while your letting the jets and emulsion tubes soak in carb cleaner and...yeah it's definitely just the beginning ;-)

robbo

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Mk 1 Speed Triple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2017, 08:21:39 pm »
And when you've done what ogri's suggested, you can make a start on the shock and forks. Oh yeah, and some 758's while you've got the spanners out. :lol .Welcome to the wonderful world of Fazer.
Whizz kid sitting pretty on his two wheeled stallion.

fatbloke62

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 February 2017, 08:56:32 pm »
great choice carlsv8 its the same colours as mine , and as all the others have said first  its the  end can then the full monty ,r6 rear shock and  then the  front end sorted ,by that  time you will never part with it ,enjoy  :thumbup

Carlsv8

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 February 2017, 09:13:40 am »
Good few mod. recommendations there, thanks fellas. Think I'll need to sell the bike to buy all the bits I need for the bike  :)