Date: 27-04-24  Time: 20:59 pm

Author Topic: Happy new year  (Read 502 times)

Texan67

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Happy new year
« on: 01 January 2023, 09:30:49 am »
Hey guys! Glad to see there's a forum for these bikes that's active. I'm from Texas but live in North Carolina in the Uwharrie National Forest area with great roads. Looks like most of you are in Europe and I wish I lived there instead. If I didn't have any family I would have moved there. I'm retired military and have been all over.

Bought my bike in 2020 but didn't really starts the mods until this past year. The first owner did the yellow wheels/bellypan and blacked out stuff. I don't really like it but it does look factory. I got it for only $3000 with 12K miles so I can't complain. I will get a different bellypan at some point and it'll be black, that's just too much yellow for me.

I recently got a Penske 8975 and I was going to buy AK-20 fork carts this month but holding off because last week I scored a set of black Oz Piega's with a 6 inch rear on clearance. Ordered them two days ago. I think I'll get some race tires mounted on the stock rims for the track. I've never ran anything but street tires on the track (I ride at CMP) so that'll be cool. A few weeks ago I got an ELS 4 degree timing advancer. I should have bought that the day I got the bike, it's great.

These are going to be pretty nice and I have some Core brake lines I'll install at the same time.

« Last Edit: 01 January 2023, 09:47:11 am by Texan67 »

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
Re: Happy new year
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2023, 12:49:03 pm »
Hi, and welcome to the Forums :thumbup