Date: 27-04-24  Time: 16:12 pm

Author Topic: Supporting Bike While Changing Both Tyres  (Read 5837 times)

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
Re: Supporting Bike While Changing Both Tyres
« Reply #25 on: 20 May 2016, 11:26:14 am »
I had a 05 Mazda MX for less than 24 hours and returned it to the garage from whence it came, admittedly it was a poor example and I being a tart was swayed by the bright red shiny bodywork (Oh! shiny shiny),
But underneath it was a disaster zone it had yellow crayon marks all around the back, in the chassis and the floor pan areas, also yellow crayon along the length of the chassis and in the front chassis in the engine bay. the garage had MOT tested it to get shot of it, I took legal advice and returned it the following with a full refund and a promise from the garage that they would scrap the vehicle.
MOT testers often mark chassis with coloured crayon where there is significant rust likely to cause an MOT failure.

After picking up  the MX I popped around to a friends house to show my new pride and joy off. he dropped to the floor stuck his big fat head underneath and his response was 'what the fuck have you done you twat, look at this, he then proceeded to push his thumb through the chassis in several places.
A quick drive down to my solicitors and was given sound sound advice at a few sound bytes to quote and the next day around 10-30 in the morning my £3900 was transferred back to my bank.
so how does the MX handle? I don't know (Mr J Clarkson loves them, but he is a twat to).
But I can speak for the MR2 mines a Y reg (2001) 80,000 clicks on the dial, there is no rust what-so-ever anywhere on the body work or chassis area, it is Mid engined so very well balanced, rear wheel drive so it is a spirited drive, limited slip diff so handle very very well on dry roads, piece of shit on frosty or snowy roads, your better off going every where in reverse.
Toyota say its good for 139 mph, I have never managed that as yet and don't think I ever will but its eager up to 130 and will strain out a few more clicks than that, but certainly not 9 more.
drive it hard 38 mpg, drive it easy 44 mpg, high revving nippy little lump in the middle, and if you want because of the balance of the car more than the power donuts come easy.
And me thinks that is why Joe only get 4K out of a set of Toyos donuts in the MX. I also think the MR2 looks better than the MX, even with my hard top on.
And it's SILVER just like the really really fast FZS600's   :2fingers

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 20 May 2016, 11:52:19 am »
Theres only one version of the MX/Eunos/Miata worth having and that was the MK1, best looking (subjective I know) and even though they do have rust traps built in, if you keep an eye on the drains (or fit a hard top) they should last years.
Handling, I've just come back from dropping off my shock at the engineers and had a bandit chase me through a 90mph long sweeper, I know who was the most comfortable mid turn and he didn't even attempt to stay with me through the roundabout (what he didn't see was the amount of understeer I had with the front's scrubbing through most of the turn lol)

Fuel consumption, 28mpg, drove really steady once and got 29? Economic it isn't.

Complete fabrication, I didn't make it up!

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 20 May 2016, 02:21:09 pm »
Good on you Joe these little roadsters are a bucket full of fun, for very little money, and your right, I have made a few bikers look as they come storming up behind coming into a bend only to find them dropping astern on the apex of the bend, MR2 tyres howling and smoking as it needs a bit of opposite lock to keep in online, trouble is as soon as we are on the straight again the bikes are long gone.
What my lil MR2 needs is a 2.8 V6 turbo lump in the ass end, then I can play with the bikers on the straights as well.

Is yours the MX with eyelids? cos that twat Clarkson reckons they are the best MX ever made, he says your in touch with the road with the earlier model, apparently later models lost feel and feedback.
I think if I mention a FAZER in this post I may just get away with talking about a cages. :lol
« Last Edit: 20 May 2016, 02:31:37 pm by tommyardin »

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20 May 2016, 02:55:50 pm »
If by eyelids you mean pop up lights then yes, thats the model.

The Mx is easy to turbo, plenty of parts out there but one thing I couldn't stand would be an after market ignition. The Honda V6 conversion appeals but you'd have to import an engine from the states, 300bhp would definitely get your attention, would need to win the lotto 1st.

Freck

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Triumph Daytona 955, BMW R9T
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20 May 2016, 05:05:12 pm »
What the foc has all this talk of hairdressers cars to do with 'Supporting Bike While Changing Both Tyres' ?  :lol

Skippernick

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2016, 05:10:17 pm »
What the foc has all this talk of hairdressers cars to do with 'Supporting Bike While Changing Both Tyres' ?  :lol

Thats what i thought, thought the kids a played with the computer.
Red Heads - Slowly taking over the world!!!

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20 May 2016, 05:11:31 pm »

Thats what i thought, thought the kids a played with the computer.
Yeah where's the forum :stop when you want them?
:hijack
Can you not start your own thread entitled "Hairdressers Cars and the like" ?
:rolleyes
« Last Edit: 20 May 2016, 05:26:06 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------
Ride fast, ride a red bike :-)

Shappaeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20 May 2016, 05:17:55 pm »
Don't want to attract to much attention but the word 'lil' features as well, I believe that translates to 'little' but being from Wales I can't really criticise the English language.

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20 May 2016, 06:50:03 pm »
Don't want to attract to much attention but the word 'lil' features as well, I believe that translates to 'little' but being from Wales I can't really criticise the English language.

Definitely not, 1st time I rode into Wales I thought the sign writers must all have been dyslexic..................

Shappaeye

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20 May 2016, 06:53:52 pm »
These days it's called encryption. Can we talk about little cars and things now?

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 20 May 2016, 10:51:03 pm »

Araf what the f--k is all that about? I just put it down to very slow red and blue Fazers in Wales.  :rollin

Rekibrepus

• Cager in Training
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2016, 11:54:50 am »
I wanted to do a lot of stuff on my bike and had a look round and was able to buy a set of paddock stands for £80 delivered. These have allowed me to do all sorts with safety and if not riding for a while like in the real depth of winter its a good way to store the bike as well.

celticdog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 May 2016, 10:12:23 pm »
You can do a lot on the centre stand with the addition of a car jack and a block of wood strategically placed at the bottom of the sump.  ;)
Also, you can pick up a decent Vauxhall Tigra 1.8i 16v convertible for next to nowt if you want something that looks good outside the salon. :lol
« Last Edit: 29 May 2016, 10:13:10 pm by celticdog »
Treat everything in life the way a dog would- if you can't eat it or foc it, forget it.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 May 2016, 10:45:42 pm »
Also, you can pick up a decent Vauxhall Tigra 1.8i 16v convertible for next to nowt if you want something that looks good outside the salon. :lol
:rollin :rollin :rollin
Colin
----------------------

joebloggs

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - ZX9RE1
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 30 May 2016, 07:46:08 pm »
:rollin :rollin :rollin

And you think your going to get good advice lol

grizzler

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - GSX600F
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 30 May 2016, 09:52:07 pm »
"Also, you can pick up a decent Vauxhall Tigra 1.8i 16v convertible for next to nowt if you want something that looks good outside the salon. "

Now that was funny...

I used to use a paddock stand until l inherited a hydraulic ramp. Now i simply strap her arse down... I do the same with the bike as well.. :angel
[size=78%] [/size][/font]
Life is never complete. Once you've discovered rock music, beer, bikes & girls, you have the rest of your life to intimately explore each one.. Good luck with finishing that project.

sinto

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 30 May 2016, 10:13:17 pm »
"Also, you can pick up a decent Vauxhall Tigra 1.8i 16v convertible for next to nowt if you want something that looks good outside the salon"

Now that was funny...

I used to use a paddock stand until l inherited a hydraulic ramp. Now i simply strap her arse down... I do the same with the bike as well.. :angel
Edited by me so we can all read it :)
« Last Edit: 30 May 2016, 10:14:31 pm by sinto »
Colin
----------------------

grizzler

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - GSX600F
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 30 May 2016, 10:28:44 pm »
thanks for that... what did i do wrong this time..lol???

Life is never complete. Once you've discovered rock music, beer, bikes & girls, you have the rest of your life to intimately explore each one.. Good luck with finishing that project.

tommyardin

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      I don't own a bike
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 June 2016, 08:42:27 am »

"Also, you can pick up a decent Vauxhall Tigra 1.8i 16v convertible for next to nowt if you want something that looks good outside the salon. "

Now that was funny...