Date: 01-05-24  Time: 16:44 pm

Author Topic: Silverstone Moto GP  (Read 2836 times)

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Silverstone Moto GP
« on: 04 July 2013, 11:05:14 am »
Just booked my tickets!
Now I have some questions...
I've never been to Silverstone, where would be the best place to try and get? F1 websites come up a lot saying Stowe Corner?

Also, any ideas when I should be trying to get there? based in kent, so looking at about 2 hours to get there :o

Thanks
Tom

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: Silverstone Moto GP
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2013, 07:15:47 pm »
Go early ,lie on the grass and fall asleep.

We have general admission tickets,,,now i see this does not include roaming grandstand,,never mind, standing on the grass will be fine.

An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

gassitt

• Local user
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • - Got lots of others
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 July 2013, 11:06:01 am »
The grandstand on the inside of Maggotts/Becketts has ace views of that area and also across to the new Farm/Loop section.Well worth a try

Also ignore the dinosaurs who say Silverstone aint a bike track and say that 80`s throwback Donnington is the only place to watch bikes ,Silverstone is superb both in track and facilities aspects

If youve got weekend tickets use saturday to wander round and see the bikes at all areas then pick your spot for sunday and get there early

Enjoy

tomjimtom

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2013, 05:03:40 pm »
Thanks for the replies, sorry about the late looking though!

I'm going to get there early and have a little wander round during practice etc but I'll defo be going to the grandstand mentioned :)

Thanks again

Phil

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2013, 06:18:49 pm »
I assume you got a roving grandstand ticket.

From Silverstones website and is accurate:

Roving Grandstand tickets allow you access to any of the following grandstands:National Pits Straight -  Spectators will see the riders appear round the fast right hand turn at Woodcote, speed down the National Pits Straight and brake hard to enter Copse Corner!Club Corner - At Club you will see the bikes come round Stowe Corner, speed down Vale into Club Corner and disappear down the International Pits Straight.Luffield A - You will see the bikes enter the Luffield Complex, then accelerate out of Luffield and through Woodcote towards the start/finish line. Luffield provides excellent prolonged views of the riders through a series of corners.Becketts - Offers views of the riders approaching the fast Maggots-Becketts complex and out towards Chapel.Village A - Is an area where the bikes will be at very high speed. Village A offers a great view of the riders approaching the new double-left Village section.Please note: Roving grandstands are subject to change.
The only one I would say dont bother with is the pits straight one.From cetain seats in Beckets you can watch them all the way down the Wellington Straight as well.
Pick one which has a big screen. Its a huge place so if you are going to have a look at all of them Saturday its a long walk.
There is a tunnel from Copse to the infield, and a bridge over the Wellington Straight if you want to go from Village to Beckets you dont have to walk all the way around Luffield.

If you are going by bike via M40 and park in the bike park near the main entrance behind Luffield, this route in/out will save some time instead of battling with the traffic going the main A43 route  http://goo.gl/maps/DRGF0 But dont tell anyone else or they will all be at it  ;)

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2013, 07:02:41 pm »
We are going, did not book grandstand this year, going to wander around a bit,,the grandstands will be packed, so once you get a seat ,dont leave it,,then you cant drift about,you are buggered.

Now where do i buy some stilts ?
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.

* Crash.Net racing newsfeeds

MotoGP

World Superbikes

British Superbikes

RSS to JavaScript