Date: 30-04-24  Time: 12:56 pm

Author Topic: One for the "There are some right idiots out there" file...  (Read 15781 times)

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
Re: One for the "There are some right idiots out there" file...
« Reply #75 on: 07 September 2012, 08:54:59 am »
Whoops, wrong quote in last post, brilliant thread though, what seems to be coming through is commonsense has gone out of fashion (not just on the roads) and ASSUME, i.e makes an ASS of U & ME.
[/size][/color]Have also done Rospa which is basically the same as IAM, but you are retested every three years and graded, Bronze, Silver or Gold, but not so many Rospa bike groups around, we are lucky have one in Kent and Surrey and my IAM group meet at Brands Hatch with lots of perks.[/font]
[/size][/color]Last three groupnights dealers have brought along their lovely new bikes for us to play on, all free![/font] :D
Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 07 September 2012, 10:18:26 am »
Slightly off topic, are you still in the ROSPA group? Thinking of taking a nosey over to the Kent branch..

Grandma

• Club Racer
  • What it says on the tin
    • Main bike:
      Fazer8
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 07 September 2012, 10:38:53 am »
Slightly off topic, are you still in the ROSPA group? Thinking of taking a nosey over to the Kent branch..
Yes I am still Rospa, Kent branch meet at Mickey's on A229 2nd Sunday of month, Graham Allen Sgt in Police force and instructor with Rapid Training runs it, great guy, very helpful and friendly.
Look at Rospasmart.com and rapidtraining.co.uk who also do brilliant track days at Cadwell.

Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
If I had a brain I would be dangerous

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 07 September 2012, 11:12:05 am »
I'll be giving that a go then!

Grahamm

• Global Moderator
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
    • Affordable Leather Products
« Reply #79 on: 07 September 2012, 01:14:55 pm »
Have also done Rospa which is basically the same as IAM, but you are retested every three years and graded, Bronze, Silver or Gold

As you know, the IAM grade from 1-5 where 1 is "Well above the expected standard" (or some such wording) and 3 is "acceptable" in 20 categories. Anything below 3 being a fail. I've heard it said that a basic pass (ie 3's across the board) is the equivalent of a RoSPA Bronze.

The IAM have recently introduced their F1RST qualification where you need to score 1's across the board (presumably their equivalent of a RoSPA Gold) however this only lasts for *two* years before you have to be retested which seems odd because I've heard RoSPA Observers say that they think that one reason for their declining membership is people not wanting to fork out for the three year re-test, so a two year test cycle seems the wrong way to go.

JZS 600

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - VFR 1200 FD
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 08 September 2012, 10:25:44 am »
It's all about the money, money, money!

(name that tune,,,)

SteveH41

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      FZ6 04-06
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 09 September 2012, 08:35:17 am »
Have also done Rospa which is basically the same as IAM, but you are retested every three years and graded, Bronze, Silver or Gold

As you know, the IAM grade from 1-5 where 1 is "Well above the expected standard" (or some such wording) and 3 is "acceptable" in 20 categories. Anything below 3 being a fail. I've heard it said that a basic pass (ie 3's across the board) is the equivalent of a RoSPA Bronze.

The IAM have recently introduced their F1RST qualification where you need to score 1's across the board (presumably their equivalent of a RoSPA Gold) however this only lasts for *two* years before you have to be retested which seems odd because I've heard RoSPA Observers say that they think that one reason for their declining membership is people not wanting to fork out for the three year re-test, so a two year test cycle seems the wrong way to go.

Blimey, that tree's got a load of branches............... Think i'll spend my money on fuel and road time, learn from my mistakes for now.