Date: 21-05-24  Time: 01:12 am

Author Topic: Speed Cameras  (Read 870 times)

bigbluebear

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Kawasaki Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Speed Cameras
« on: 23 April 2015, 11:33:27 am »
Whilst driving my daughter to school this morning in the car and being a bit late was going a bit faster than the legal limit......anyway got the dreaded double flash from a forward facing camera......can you get done for this as I seem to remember somewhere that these cameras can only legally capture your rear number plate....anyone out there know

maddog04

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Pan ST1300
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Cameras
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2015, 11:38:22 am »
dunno but if in the cage and they've flashed your reg plate then I'd think you're focced
fire never sleeps

Frosties

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tiger 900, CBF 1000,Bandit 650
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2015, 12:02:17 pm »
Whilst driving my daughter to school this morning in the car and being a bit late was going a bit faster than the legal limit......anyway got the dreaded double flash from a forward facing camera......can you get done for this as I seem to remember somewhere that these cameras can only legally capture your rear number plate....anyone out there know

Didn't think the forward facing ones were meant for your side of the road. As you say, rear plate only.

If it was and you get a ticket, weren't you temporarily blinded by this dangerous flash, swerve, mount the kerb and nearly take out a mother with pram which left you physically shaken, mentally scarred and now afraid to use the car.. :rolleyes Just saying ;)
Those are my principles...if you don't like them I have others.

Dead Eye

• GP Hero
  • What doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger.
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - FZS600 00-01
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2015, 12:50:38 pm »
I can't say I've ever seen a proper front facing camera with a flash... the typical cameras that flash are supposed to capture the rear pate as mentioned above

If the camera was on your side of the road though, I'd be expecting some mail...