Date: 17-05-24  Time: 17:21 pm

Author Topic: Looking at buying a FZS600 again.  (Read 5894 times)

Dave48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-07 Tracer
    • View Profile
Re: Looking at buying a FZS600 again.
« Reply #25 on: 19 July 2016, 12:40:18 pm »
Sorry about pic-I am not Australian! :lol

Silverlegacy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 July 2016, 12:53:27 pm »

Your bike looks nice and well looked after.
From what i can see the bikes had 4 owners and it doesn't come with service history as such, just a pile of receipts for various bits and some service work.
Its in pretty good condition with nothing really standing out as needing urgent work.
The carb rubbers are looking a bit old but not had chance to test them yet for leaks, but the bike does run well.
I guess for a £1000 you cant expect the world, but bought it from a dealer as a part ex bike and they said i can use it for 14 days and if there's issues i can take it back for a refund.
The mileage thing does concern me as i didnt want a too high mileage bike, although i dont do that many miles a year, only about 3.5k in commuter miles and very rarely go out on weekends any more.

fazersharp

• GP Hero
  • 10 stone Racing Snake
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 July 2016, 01:32:31 pm »
I thought I had fallen over
I don't do rain or threat there of. dry rider only with no shame.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 July 2016, 01:43:29 pm »
The mileage thing does concern me as i didnt want a too high mileage bike, although i dont do that many miles a year, only about 3.5k in commuter miles and very rarely go out on weekends any more.

Why obsess about the mileage? The Fazer engine will typically cover at least 100,000 miles before needing significant attention, so should be good for a decade at your usage level.
If it's running well and brake discs etc have plenty of life left, there doesn't seem to be any point in worrying.

Mick-H

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - Honda C90
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 July 2016, 04:32:16 pm »
If your not 100% about it then walk away.
How long you thinking of keeping it because selling may be an issue due to the possibility of it be an import and very limited history.
£1250 ish could get you a nice bike with history.

Silverlegacy

• Weekend Warrior
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20 July 2016, 03:02:00 pm »

Yeah i think i do obsess abit about mileage and stuff like that, guess its just down to a limited budget and want to buy wisely and been caught out in the past, Im not overly technical and sometimes not sure if I'm getting a good deal or being ripped off.

I've spoken to the dealer i bought it from and they are more than happy to take it back and i think there a little disappointed that they have been caught out by the guy partex'ing it to them.
I just want something to commute to work and that's about it really.
On the paperwork it says first registered in the uk 18-april-2000 then next to it on hpi says registered abroad, so hopefully that just means that it went to live abroad at some point in its life.

BBROWN1664

• Administrator
  • GP Hero
  • Should get out more!
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 00-01
    • - Tracer 900
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #31 on: 20 July 2016, 04:02:43 pm »
It should also say on the V5 "Declared new at first registration" or something else to indicate it was an import.
Another ex-Fazer rider that is a foccer again