Date: 25-04-24  Time: 18:32 pm

Author Topic: Carb Synch Screws  (Read 1433 times)

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
Carb Synch Screws
« on: 10 April 2012, 01:27:47 pm »
Can anybody explain in plain English where the foc the carb synch crews are please? 
I'm as far as having the tank raised and the gauges connected, found the readings are all over the place, but can't work out where the darn adjustment screws are.
The Haynes manual has a sketch, but I just can't see the little beggars.
Help!

kebab19

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Re: Carb Synch Screws
« Reply #1 on: 10 April 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
They are b*****ds to find at first, don't try to spot them in direct daylight, it'll never happen. I once wheeled the bike out into the backyard cos the sun was shining; couldnt see a thing!

If you have a garage with indirect light & then shine a small torch down & u can spot em fairly easily between each of the carbs.

Although this webpage is for doing the 1000's carbs, the bottom six pics together should be of help in guiding you where to look & how to identify the screws:
http://www.cartestsoftware.com/fz1/carburetorsynchronization.html

The middle one is usually the worst one to find.....

Should you ever take the bank of carbs off the bike, then paint the top of each synch screw with a dab of white paint to help see them during future 'encounters'

110%

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 April 2012, 03:52:15 pm »
The job is a hell of a lot easier if you remove the bracket holding the coils, fuel pump & fuel filter.

If you take the coils off the bracket and reconnect them electrically just placed to one side you can keep the fuel system all still connected by tilting the assembly over to the other side. Then the screws are easier to access between each carb.

If you pick the right size screwdriver, after a while you should be able to 'feel' your way onto the top of the screw. Good luck!
#Driven by the irony that only being shackled to the road could ever I be free.#

Andy Clap

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
    • Fazer 600
« Reply #3 on: 10 April 2012, 03:59:07 pm »
Thanks guys, that really helped and it's now done.  But not before I dropped the bike, dented the tank (badly) and kn@ckered my leg.  Great day  :(

I was trying to do it outside and couldn't see a thing; put the bike away out of the rain and saw the srews straight away with a torch!

Thanks again,
Andy