Date: 28-04-24  Time: 05:52 am

Author Topic: +1 for the Police  (Read 1522 times)

Lazarus

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • View Profile
+1 for the Police
« on: 02 June 2013, 11:10:58 pm »
Involved in a little incident up at dunoon today - group of 9 of us off the ferry and heading towards the burger van at the top of the rest and be thankful. heading out of dunoon behind a couple of cars. one at the front decides at the last minute he's not going to over take the stationary car and slams on the anchors. Car behind them does like wise. Most of the bikes manage to stop but 2 collide.

Must have been an extraordinary even for dunoon. next thing we know the ambulance arrives along with 2 police cars and a police van.

Police guys were actually very decent - on giving us directions to the hospital told us that we would reach a 30mph zone so make sure we slow down to about 60.... :D

even talking to them it was plain that they were decent - thank god it wasnt the road traffic cops - they even admitted that they dont like them!!!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride!"

stevierst

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XSR900
    • View Profile
Re: +1 for the Police
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2013, 08:33:09 am »
Some cops believe it or not are actually human beings, and some even ride motorbikes! :-D

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!

Stop polishing it and ride the bloody thing!!

steeeve66

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - KTM SD 990, CBR600FS, CB500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2013, 08:46:03 am »
It's weird when it happens, some months back I was biking home out of London and was stopped by the A13 towards Blackwall tunnel being closed - some sort of accident I think - so I started skirting round looking for a back road that got past the closure. When I thought I was passed I made my way back to said A13 only to find I was still in the closed area, with a high-viz clad copper semi- jogging towards me, 'oh god' I thought 'what have I done?' 'Where are you going?' He said 'trying to get to Blackwall tunnel' I replied. He pushed the barrier to one side 'hop over the pavement then go round the barrier a hundred yards down there, I haven't seen you'.
Top man I thought!
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back it said, "Wish you were here."

Steven Wright

snapper

• GP Hero
  • Life is an accident waiting to happen
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - panther M120
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2013, 12:09:10 pm »
I think you find most cops live in the realt world and are reasonable, as long as you dont take the piss then they wont

but you have a few in life like in all forms of life that are the bottom rung of the ladder and are just intent on bringing the rest of us down to there level !
 :pokefun  most seem to be traffic cops for some strange reason ?
and are normally short , and bullied at school  :lol 

locksmith

• FOC-U Official Selfish Bastard
    A bit of a cheapskate
    imageJune 09
  • GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - MT-09 :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2013, 05:21:45 pm »
If you ask me there's more wankers on bikes than in the police force.
About 10 of them in a group ignored the 40 mph limit out of Rye yesterday, one of them even cut me up a bit trying to get past me and slow down for a bend.