Date: 19-05-24  Time: 20:54 pm

Author Topic: fazor 1000 spec  (Read 1501 times)

ting

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
fazor 1000 spec
« on: 24 May 2015, 01:21:34 pm »
hi everybody,looking to buy a fazor 1ooo and would like to know abit about the model differences ,ie carb models when did they replace them with fuel injection,as im really looking for  the last of the carb models,
any advice would be welcomed

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Re: fazor 1000 spec
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2015, 02:19:38 pm »
Hi ting welcome aboard matey.......2005 is the last of the carbs.....but rather than going for the newest, perhaps going for the cleanest is a better bet.

for example this immaculate as new model for sale in Scotland...probably worth travelling to the end of the earth for, for all the price of a few tanks of fuel and a couple days off.

it wont be around long though....3k is serious nothing for such a bike....below is the link. 8)

http://foc-u.co.uk/index.php/topic,17063.msg196842.html#new
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

ting

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2015, 02:51:07 pm »
Thanks for the reply its a nice clean bike im after ,so it looks like up too 2005 im interested in,sold my rd 250 a on friday but still have to sell my xj550,so that bike will prob be gone by the time i have the readies to hand,but i have to look nearer to home as vrt is added to all bikes imported to ireland,which is not cheap and an added cost

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2015, 06:08:41 pm »
ahh ting ,welcome good to see another paddy here,what part of the teddy bear do you hail from ? rd250 mmm nice . that wasnt the superb yellow that was on done deal a while back was it ? yes fazer thous dont come along in mint condition over here too often"not without being overpriced anyway ,im in cork myself, nursing a sick fazer back to health :'(
please god let the sun keep shining

ting

• CBT Wobbler
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2015, 07:28:08 pm »
ahh ting ,welcome good to see another paddy here,what part of the teddy bear do you hail from ? rd250 mmm nice . that wasnt the superb yellow that was on done deal a while back was it ? yes fazer thous dont come along in mint condition over here too often"not without being overpriced anyway ,im in cork myself, nursing a sick fazer back to health :'(
see your in cork  no my rd was an rd250a 1972 model and i live in wexford ,but im only an adopted paddy from geordieland,what type of money are they making here?,would it be worth importing one and pay the vehicle rippoff tax (vrt)

downey

• WSB Pack Hound
  • loving the new ivanised beast
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 May 2015, 12:02:09 am »
mabey if  u got a cheap clean one but what with the sterling /euro rate at the moment that might rip the whole out of that idea,so might be an idea to either wait for a clean one to come along on the private market or pay a little extra for one from a dealership ,lee motorcycles in little island in cork might be worth a look i remember them having two last time i looked
please god let the sun keep shining