Date: 18-05-24  Time: 00:24 am

Author Topic: Another clutch question  (Read 925 times)

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
Another clutch question
« on: 08 February 2017, 09:41:37 pm »
following my recent radiator disaster on my 1000 while I'm waiting for a radiator to come from trumpland, I'm going to get my 600 going to relieve my boredom and lack of 2wheeled fun
Anyway back to the question my 600 clutch before taking off the road had dragging a bit and upon closer inspection the outside of the basket it's looking very scored which I've never seen before, oil was changed and no metal flakes/ shards and it's definitely scored with grooves all around.
Anyone got ideas as to why ??? I haven't but I've got a 5000 mile spare lump that IVe got in the shed and that clutch basket is factory fresh no scoring so my plan is to swap the baskets/plates.
Next question is , does anyone know if the plates from the spare lump which has been in the shed for a year will be ok to use straight off the lump or should I take them off and soak them in oil in case they've dried out or is there a possibility they're focced and I should buy new ones.

Fazerider

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 98-99
    • View Profile
Re: Another clutch question
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2017, 10:01:28 pm »
A pic would help, but I remember the outside of mine looks like it's been roughly milled so it's probably nothing.
As for clutch drag, that sounds much more like an adjustment issue… still, swapping the clutch out will at least prove if your recent reverse-Midas touch with things mechanical has finished.

unfazed

• GP Hero
  • Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - FZS1000 05-06, Serow 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2017, 10:05:50 pm »
 :agree

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 February 2017, 07:41:25 pm »
Thanks for that  :lol
I'm hoping the bad juju is done with as after being in so much agony I thought I was dying and then a trip to A&E to find out I had hooj gallstones and now back from hospital minus the gallstones and now also gallbladder.
It can only get better now right ??
Going to sort it out when I can move around freely

mtread

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS600 02-03
    • - Triumph Speed Trip & Tiger 800
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 February 2017, 10:24:20 pm »
I thought I was dying and then a trip to A&E to find out I had hooj gallstones and now back from hospital minus the gallstones and now also gallbladder.

Sorry to hear that. I've had 3 friends in the last year have the same problem and Op. There's something being put in the water, I'm telling you!

Graham53

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • - FZS 1000 Gen1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 February 2017, 11:45:32 pm »
Thanks Mark,
Keyhole surgery is a wonderful thing , they fill you up with gas take body parts out and you spend days farting  :lol  still the pain killers are good.
It could be something in the water gallstones are calcium so you might be on to something. :)