Date: 18-05-24  Time: 03:30 am

Author Topic: MTC Stowmarket saves the day...  (Read 750 times)

ogri48

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - XJR1300 , evo fatty
    • View Profile
MTC Stowmarket saves the day...
« on: 02 August 2016, 10:05:48 pm »
Sorted the front end on the viffer 750 last week, new fluid seals etc, rear shocks turn now. Mines proper focced,  the handy preload still works ( 8mm box spanner thru a little hole in the frame onto the shock) but it's got air in it so compression damping is muntered. Got another shock of a breaker for thirty Sovs plus postage and sent it of to MTC stow market asking for more preload adjustment and a rebuild ...130 quid later it's back, he's altered the valving so it's better both solo and two up with luggage, and shimmed the base of the coil so it's already pre loaded 6mm before I start...should be perfect hopefully have it back together for weekend if me new battlax 020 rear turns up tomorrow ( tyres were mismatched, decent 020 on front, shagged metzeler on rear and it still handled well bizarrely) the H@#%a is so easy to work on, battery box cleverly splits in two with a couple screws so you can lift the shock clear from above, and getting the rear wheel in/ out ( off and on technically) is two minute job with the pro arm..still love this old girl, working on my MT 01 is such a PITA eve n with the simplest of jobs..

slimwilly

• GP Hero
  • I love to ride them hills
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
Re: MTC Stowmarket saves the day...
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2016, 06:40:37 pm »
That shock looks a bit better than the old one, hope it works,,i loved my vfr750, 96 plate, sold it on at 50,000 miles perfect to ride and bullet proof engine
An ageing test pilot for home grown widgets that may fail at anytime.