Date: 27-04-24  Time: 09:03 am

Author Topic: Gen 2 suspension linkage bolts spec???  (Read 4338 times)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
Gen 2 suspension linkage bolts spec???
« on: 11 April 2015, 07:40:51 pm »

Can anyone help me find some nice replacement linkage bolts & self locking nuts for my clean, new jack up frames.....it's the 3 long yins that go through the shock and the needle bearings on the triangular jack up frame.

im not at home to measure them and I've looked through the service manual on here....I think they are M10.....I quite fancy ones that stand out against the black frame so stainless or Gold....but then I worry whether the ones I look at online are the correct strength for such a job plus I don't know the length.

any links or a description of the exact size would be most appreciated.

thanks

nog
Easiest way to go fast........don't buy a blue bike

gixersix

• DAS Born Again
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - Z1000SX
    • View Profile
Re: Gen 2 suspension linkage bolts spec???
« Reply #1 on: 13 April 2015, 01:32:02 am »
Only high tensile bolts should be used for suspension linkages. I'd love to use something more corrosion resistant but I'm not even sure that stainless A4 are tough enough!
GixerSix -
Z1000SX; FZS1000 Gen1; GSXR600WV SRAD; GPz550A4. TT Addict

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 April 2015, 07:29:00 am »
Cheers gixxersix

I actually seen that screwfix do high tensile bolts so i think ill go take a look........hardly titanium bling but i think they do zinc coated high tensile.....plus being acrewfix, a tad cheaper than yamaha originals no doubt.

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 April 2015, 07:55:56 am »
Noggy could you put some pics up when you've fitted the jackup kit as I'm looking at jacking my fz1 up 30mm and it would be nice to get an idea of what it will look like... Cheers.
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 April 2015, 08:59:17 am »
Noggy could you put some pics up when you've fitted the jackup kit as I'm looking at jacking my fz1 up 30mm and it would be nice to get an idea of what it will look like... Cheers.

Will do mate....ive already fitted it but i need to get it on a bit of flat ground as my mind is playing tricks on me & making me worry that  ive lowered it instead of jacking it :lol [size=78%]......gonna look through my pics and get an old pic of it and recreate the photo to see any differences then ill post it up.[/size]

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 April 2015, 09:08:51 am »
Here's a few pics....but like i say i wanna compare some old pics....being on paddock stand makes it difficult to tell and side stand is also tricky with pics.

I sat on it and felt like i was just raised up on the balls of my feet...only just.....im pretty sure i was totally flat footed before......but then i started doubting myself....tbf i am a walking disaster :lol

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 April 2015, 11:12:06 am »
Ok its defo jacked up....phew :rolleyes

Its just difficult to show.....but look at these before & after pics......look at the end can.......before it was lower and you could see the top of the wheel rim above the top of the can......now you cant...hence the end can has moved up with the top of the bike.....it isnt a big jump but i have my own theory that this is as high as i could go with my particular nitron shock.....i got the jack ups from Devilsyam...good heavy items at a much better price than online search ones were.

Ps when im home tonight ill try drag it round front to replicate that pic.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2015, 11:16:21 am by noggythenog »

CharlieDee

• Club Racer
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 April 2015, 06:53:47 pm »
Cheers noggy your a legend... Best colour too!!  :lol  My new beast happens to be lava red with gold wheels but with a silver block... Looking forward to modding her!!  :b
I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

devilsyam

• GP Hero
  • Veteran fazer modder
    • Main bike:
      FZS 1000 Gen1
    • - streetfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 April 2015, 08:48:35 pm »
like id send you the wrong ones for a joke lol
www.Devilsyam.com (Fazerpedia)

noggythenog

• GP Hero
    • Main bike:
      Other
    • - TRX Noggyfighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 April 2015, 09:17:40 pm »
like id send you the wrong ones for a joke lol

Ha ha :lol .......most shops would though......especially a parts supplier....i think ive rarely known a car parts place to provide the correct part first time round :rolleyes

Thing with me is...if theres 2 ways to fit something ill against all odds fit it the wrong way a million times over......thats why i dont gamble.........so i was thinking hmm have i put on upside down or whatever.

When the bike fell on me before i had also wound out the nitron a fair bit but i think what happened was that the shock bottom end came to close to the centre linkage bar & as i jacked the bike up it basically pushed the whole bike up as i suppose it bottomed out the shock and then it came off the paddock stand.

Even now after winding the shock back in...you can see how close the shock bottom is to the bar...just above it now whereby as standard it had a decent gap.....this is why i have the theory that this is as much as can be jacked.....it's probably spot on for me as im long legged and as i said im now just on the balls of my feet so once im sitting on my air hawk seat ill be a tad higher which wont be a problem.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2015, 09:19:59 pm by noggythenog »

bri h

• WSB Pack Hound
    • Main bike:
      FZ1 Faired Gen2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2015, 11:34:57 pm »
Dont worry noggy, being a stumpy little git i lowered mine so i can reach the ground. you have jacked it up mate. :lol .
a bird in the hand poops on the wrist